Introducing buddy

Rsgktnev

Apr 12, 2017
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hi there this is Buddy we have just rehomed him he's 7 months old. He's our first old tyme bulldog we got him after losing both our bullmastiffs within 45 days one to old age and one to cancer. Buddy is a beautiful well natured dog but seems to have a teenage tantrum every few hours where he try's to be the dominant one, I assume this is just his age as he's lovely in between tantrums. We've only had him a week so we are all still finding our feet in what we hope to be a long relationship. We are feeding him on James Wellbeloved. Please any advice would be greatly accepted. Rick IMG_0469.JPG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
He is gorgeous!!! and I can say with pretty much certainty, it's probably his age :) If it's aggressive,, there may be some pain involved i'd suspect, ( others will chime in.). Hank still throws energy fits (he's just over a year) that could appear dominant, but i'ts just him trying to get me to play and he's strong!! You'll learn his behavior, and once you rule out any medical issue, it'll help you figure him out.. Cant wait to hear what others offer. A wealth of info In this place. Im just a blabby newbie still learning about this wonderful breed

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Handsome boy. He looks very laid back and extra comfy in that chair.
Outside furniture may be OK...maybe not. I'd keep him off any furniture inside the home. That furniture is yours and NOT his. He must earn that privilege. The kennel should be his home and his safe place when you are not supervising him. Be stern with him and do not give in...he will test you to find out just how far you will let him go.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So sorry for your lost. I would have to agree with [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]. Buddy is only 7 months old. Right age to teach them. It's a bit like kids, I pay the mortgage, I pay the bills, I pay the food.....MY rules!! You never give them an inch or they'll take a foot.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN

Very sorry for the loss of your bull mastiff's.

Buddy is a toddler in fur... training and use 'nothing in Life is free'. Very easy training technique

He is beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN... Buddy is adorable, and I'm SO sorry for the losses of your bull mastiffs.

OP
R

Rsgktnev

Apr 12, 2017
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks for the welcome and glad to hear that it seems we are correct in our judgement that Buddy is just an occasional idiot because he's still a young dog����

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Hi there this is Buddy we have just rehomed him he's 7 months old. He's our first old tyme bulldog we got him after losing both our bullmastiffs within 45 days one to old age and one to cancer. Buddy is a beautiful well natured dog but seems to have a teenage tantrum every few hours where he try's to be the dominant one, I assume this is just his age as he's lovely in between tantrums. We've only had him a week so we are all still finding our feet in what we hope to be a long relationship. We are feeding him on James Wellbeloved. Please any advice would be greatly accepted. RickView attachment 105270

I love the look on his face. It's like Robert DiNero in Taxi Driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
16290d5391f8ff2ef28c40d013e87d81.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.