ObietheWan

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
Thanks Kassy! So I'm assuming sit, stay, down, and shake would be good starting cues to work on? I've seen a few videos on staggered training, but it seems it's going to be a confusing time as to trying to catch the pup doing part of the behaviour im looking for, then catching it and treating it; and them praying he understood why so be replicates it. Lol. But I'm sure I'll get a better understanding once I get some hands on with the guy. So excited, 5 more days!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww... Congratulations on your new addition, Obie is adorable!!! :welcome2:

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Hello everyone!
So I have finally decided to hop on the bulldog train. This Thursday the 30th, I will be picking up my beautiful brindle bulldog, who I have named Obie, from my breeder.
I've spent several months researching the dog, the possible health issues, the stubbornness and all of the joy they can possibly bring to me, my family, and my friends.
A bit about me. I am a swing shift industrial mechanic at a fiberglass insulation plant, which means my schedule changes on a weekly basis, but also get five days off every month. (I'll be picking Obie up during the start of my long days off, to help him settle into the house.) I also live with two other room mates, one of which works a flex schedule like me, and the other works a standard 9 to 5.
I think I've got the schedule lined up right for everyone and we're all on the same page, but I do have a few questions if anyone wants to help right off the bat!

I want to try to put Obie on Orijen Medium dog puppy food, but how long should I wait after getting him, and how much should I portion into his meals when I do start to make the transition?

I have bought 5 Kong classics, and also a puzzle feeder bowl, but am curious as to if I should mix his meals between the both? For example, in the mornings he is bowl fed, and then for his afternoon meal fed by hand during his training sessions, and then a frozen kibble Kong at night?

I have already prepared a crate for him, and have a den sectioned off with baby gates.

Because puppies are notorious for bite playing, I have bought tons of toys/ropes for him to play with, but is there anything else I should know of to use to help him learn?

Also, I have bought a clicker trainer and a treat bag to help train him, but I'm not too sure on how to get started, or how long to wait before I start trying to train him.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read all of that 

Hi there welcome to EBN , wow what a looker Obie is perfect .
I also p/u a new pup but April 22nd for Me so pumped for her to come home .
Listen find a good BULLDOG vet is a priority ok , also NO RATTLES in the new toys a choking issue I have had it happen , those sharp little teeth get the rattle out it is huge trouble ok
Find a good if not excellent pup dog food you building a healthy always grain free as should be any treats , on this site there are great links to excellent foods and maybe vets in your area ok
Ask tons of questions here there is NO stupid question this place is a gold mine of info from real owners like you that just plain love the breed , Megan will be My forth EB and others hear have had way more then that so there is a wealth of real info here .
More pics we love pics here Meg2.jpg Her is our Meg = Megan at 3 weeks old

OP
ObietheWan

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
Yeah I know several local bulldog owners that ha e referred me to a good vet here locally that takes good care of his bulldog patients.