Learning More

Lancetbrewer

Mar 12, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Click
Hello everyone,

I am looking to learn more about my bulldog. He is 10 months old, sheds a ton and smells bad. I bath him almost now ever 2 weeks. Changed his for to Call of the Wild, but still the same. Can anyone help?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello everyone,

I am looking to learn more about my bulldog. He is 10 months old, sheds a ton and smells bad. I bath him almost now ever 2 weeks. Changed his for to Call of the Wild, but still the same. Can anyone help?

Food may be wrong for him... is it grain and chicken free? They are two common issues with bulldogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

Lancetbrewer

Mar 12, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Click
We have already had this done. Got on a medicate shampoo, but still have the same problem.

OP
L

Lancetbrewer

Mar 12, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Click
Call of the Wild puppy bison, no chicken or grains

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala smells often so I bring her to a spa day once a month. $10!!! Bought her a spritz but added 1 drop of rose essential oil in it for maintenance. She's also grain free n chicken free. I wash all her blankets on weekly basis. Honest Kitchen is helping her more on the shedding part.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Could you send a pic of your pup? It sounds like an allergy issue, or it could be something more serious... what was the results of the skin scrape?

OP
L

Lancetbrewer

Mar 12, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Click
Found nothing wrong, he is bathed every 2 weeks, but could use one every week with smell. Vet has said change his food which we did. I am lost on where to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes to both

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Call of the Wild puppy bison, no chicken or grains

Try a different protein... bison my not agree with him

Also-- it is Taste of the Wild? I never heard of 'call of the wild' and an trying to look up ingredients

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
just a thought... Hank my boy started having a very musky smell at one point and I found that It was because he was 'learning' to lift his leg and peeing on h8imself.. Both front and back legs were effected... Soon as I figured that out and washed his legs and belly off with dry/wet shampoo, that did the trick w/o the whole bath thing. He doesn't do that anymore, but it was kinda yucky till I realized what was happening.

Members online

No members online now.