Hi, I am Mel and this is my furry bully baby Bella

Bella Chops

Mar 4, 2017
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello from myself and Bella and thank you for letting us join the forum!

I always had dogs growing up, and after my cat was recently PTS, I decided to adopt another dog. I have never had a bulldog before, but after looking into the breed, decided a bulldog was a good match, as I have a 10 year old son. And then I found Bella!

Bella has been with me around 2 weeks now. We think she is about 5. I adopted her from a local rescue centre, where she had been abandoned in and left in quite a bad way. She had been used at a puppy farm, had countless litters of pups, was bleeding internally, had an umbilical hernia, and had been poisoned! She obviously was no use to them anymore as she was unable to have any more pups, so they left her in an abandoned house in a cage. She now has no teeth (well, she has one and a couple of stumps lol) because she had tried to bite her way out of her cage and ground them all down!

Despite all of these problems that she has, and even though she has obviously mistreat so badly by humans before, she is absolutely the most beautiful and loving girl ever. I instantly fell in love with her the minute I met her, and knew I had to have her! She has so much love to give and she is so gentle, i can't imagine my life without her now!!

I have never had a bulldog before - so am just getting used to the unique needs that they have, and trying to do what is right for her- so am so glad I have found you all!!! Aside from her health needs, she also has a fear of other dogs, and of strangers - so walking time is a bit of a problem at the moment as she is extremely reactive to pretty much everything! But we will get there :-)

BUT no matter what her problems, in her short time with me she has brought me so much love and joy, that nothing else matters. She is my BFF lol.

Thank you again for letting us into the group - I am sure I will have lots of questions over the coming weeks 😂😂😂

Love
Mel and Belle

Attachments

• 20170216_150652.jpg
    20170216_150652.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 179

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You brought tears to my eyes... thany you so much for giving her such a great new loving home.

Bella is a fitting name for this beautiful girl.

:welcome3: to EBN ... very happy you found us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh... her story is absolutely heartbreaking... but THANK YOU for rescuing that sweet girl :heart:

Her behavior is absolutely normal, giving the type of abuse she has endured... hopefully in time she will learn to trust human agains, and understand that not everyone wants to hurt her. I'm going to tag some people that have adopted older rescues so they can give you advice. We are SO glad to have you both here at EBN...

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello from myself and Bella and thank you for letting us join the forum!

I always had dogs growing up, and after my cat was recently PTS, I decided to adopt another dog. I have never had a bulldog before, but after looking into the breed, decided a bulldog was a good match, as I have a 10 year old son. And then I found Bella!

Bella has been with me around 2 weeks now. We think she is about 5. I adopted her from a local rescue centre, where she had been abandoned in and left in quite a bad way. She had been used at a puppy farm, had countless litters of pups, was bleeding internally, had an umbilical hernia, and had been poisoned! She obviously was no use to them anymore as she was unable to have any more pups, so they left her in an abandoned house in a cage. She now has no teeth (well, she has one and a couple of stumps lol) because she had tried to bite her way out of her cage and ground them all down!

Despite all of these problems that she has, and even though she has obviously mistreat so badly by humans before, she is absolutely the most beautiful and loving girl ever. I instantly fell in love with her the minute I met her, and knew I had to have her! She has so much love to give and she is so gentle, i can't imagine my life without her now!!

I have never had a bulldog before - so am just getting used to the unique needs that they have, and trying to do what is right for her- so am so glad I have found you all!!! Aside from her health needs, she also has a fear of other dogs, and of strangers - so walking time is a bit of a problem at the moment as she is extremely reactive to pretty much everything! But we will get there :-)

BUT no matter what her problems, in her short time with me she has brought me so much love and joy, that nothing else matters. She is my BFF lol.

Thank you again for letting us into the group - I am sure I will have lots of questions over the coming weeks [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Love
Mel and Belle

Bella is beautiful and so is your big wonderful heart.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awwwwa.....:assurred: Bella knows you have saved her. She will make you proud! Babysteps that's all you have to do for now. You are very determine so just that will help Ms Bella. For now she just needs socializing. Start with someone you know that has a calm dog that can come over. Find a bully vet in your area...... Babysteps!!! We are all here for you. A lot of great threads to read on this site!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Beautiful :) and beautiful you :) So glad you found it here, I love it ! Welcome :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4:GOD Bless you for giving Bella a new life. Don't try to rush her. Poor dog probably has ptsd due to her past. Time and love is what she needs.

Faeanne

Mar 2, 2017
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Muiffin
Awww- you are a dear and she looks like a doll! I'm glad that poor baby now has you to care for her. We are in a somewhat similar situation- we just adopted a bully that wasn't cared for well (though not the terrible extent your sweet baby was) and we are learning what being a parent of a bully really entails too!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Welcome to you and Bella!!! What an absolutely heartbreaking story how she has been treated BUT then your story went a totally different direction and put a BIG SMILE on my face. God Bless you for adopting Bella, I look forward to following your posts!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
She looks SO happy to be with you, as she should be! You've done a beautiful thing for Bella. [emoji813]

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Nice job, sir! TY for rescuing that sweet gal.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Your story brought tears to my eyes . You and Bella are meant to be together. She's so beautiful and will be loved by you even more. Congratulations!

ndlv68

Dec 4, 2016
Arkansas
Country
'Merica
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Beautiful! Thank you for giving them a home, that is awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.