2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!

What a great looking adorable little guy!

Something to keep in mind with a puppy and potty training... they can only hold their bladder for one hour more than they are old.. so 3 hours is the push of his limit... he has to go out or you are cleaning the crate a lot. Also, bulldogs are human dogs (aka velco dogs) this they know you are home they want to be with you... it is who they are so working at home he knows you are there, it is very hard for him not to be in the same room as you -- it is part of the make up of a bulldog breed is to be with their human. Just keep that in mind while doing your training

best of luck

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
He's crazy cute and I love his name. I am currently on my third week of crate training my little guy. I'm lucky that once he is in his crate he is always silent, but I still have big potty problems. I think just being happy with small daily progress is key. He loves you and doesn't want to be away from you, sounds pretty great.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
:welcome: Hello Craig and Winston! Winston, you sure are a cutie!! I love the pic of him hanging half out of his bed :heartsign:

We did the same as Lynn, crate with a pen surrounding…I am all for crate training a bulldog, they love having their own "spot" and it's a safe place for them, especially when guarding what's theirs :sarcastic:. I have to disagree w/your breeder about not going down every couple of hours…at that young age, it is imperative to do so for successful potty training! Christine gave you a good time-frame for bladder holding. The shirt is an excellent idea, he will come to know you as his parent. His whining is due to missing his siblings and family, but you are now that family…Congratulations, he is an awesome puppy, can't wait to watch him grow!! More pics pleeeease :D

OP
C

craigdickinson

Feb 14, 2017
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
The little (devil) has settled into his home. He is a really cheeky chap. He is sleeping all night and the crying has more or less stopped (maybe a few minutes) when he has been out for a while — he thinks he missing something!

We have also witnessed a mini tantrum whereby he will actually turn around and face away from us, or throw his bed as we pop him in there while we are eating.

His routine at the moment (Mon-Fri) (weekends he gets ALOT more free time )

7am -8 Food, play and free time.
8 -9 pen/crate
9 - 9:30 free roam in kitchen while cooking, and play time.
9:30 11 pen/crate.
11-11:15am toilet, then put back in crate with Kong and treats.
1-1:30 Food, toilet, play and free time.
1:30 — 3:30 pen/crate.
3:30 — 3:45 toilet, little bit of play time, free roam
3:45-5:30/6 - pen/crate.
5:30/6 — wife home, gets free roam and play till 10pm (crate 10 minutes while we eat, around 7)

We did notice last night he has developed a few spots under his chin - like puppy acne. We have read (from this forum) is fairly common in the breed. He has aluminium bowl for both food and water, we are just going to keep a close eye on it for now.
We have kept his food bland while he adjusted to new surroundings up until today. He has been leaving a little bit each day and it has been a constant struggle to get him to eat it all. Today I mixed in a little bit of tuna (with spring water). Winston barely lifted his head. It suddenly vanished, with all his kibble!

As promised some more pictures of the monster!

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0980.JPG
    IMG_0980.JPG
    771.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0967.JPG
    IMG_0967.JPG
    809.9 KB · Views: 61

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
This is what i have got, he has room for his bed, water and chew toys.

View attachment 103890

Congrats on the new addition! He is quite the cutie. I also agree about not letting him cry. I never let mine cry and as they get older they won't care about being crated from time to time -- mine rarely go to a closed crate but I do feel like it's an important thing for them to not hate in case they need to be crated at the vet or something. You could try to cover his crate with a blanket to block out the light and make it more den-like. I know mine prefer that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.