KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Hello to Everyone From Daphne and her human, Dana. We live in Paradise and are generally pretty laid back critters. I live with my Mom, Dad and dog siblings, Taffy a 15 yr old Welsh Terrier, Rico, an 8 yr old Havanese and Poncho, a four yr old Chihuahua. My Mom is American and my Dad is English, like me. We're basically like a small United Nations task force.

I am 4 months old and weigh 20lbs. I am smart, sweet, quiet and oh so loving. I learned how to use the doggy door the first day here. I also saw the world's biggest water bowl, bent over to take a drink and began to sink like a stone to the bottom of the pool. My Dad jumped in and saved me right away.

So that's me. My Mom is already worried about my weight. My Bully neighbor Sammy weighs 85lbs.. My Mom is petrified that I will be Like Sammy. My breeder says I'm small and should top out at 45lbs or maybe 50lbs. I get fed 1 1/4 cups of dry, high quality kibble twice a day. I always act like I am starving. Am I just a greedy girl or do yo u think I am not getting enough to eat.

Cheerio, the Daphne

IMG_5954.JPG

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Welcome! Daphne is lovely! So sweet. Love the name and loved her books! Watch out for that pool though as you have already experienced. We don't have a doggie door for just that reason and we never let our two out alone as neither one can swim (the other is a dachshund). I don't have experience with bully puppies so someone will be along to help with the food amounts.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Welcome!! Yes im sure you already know bullies cant swim. You're feeding her enough. Just make sure you add a few snacks like fruits, greek yogurt, coconut oil, salmon oil... what kibble are you feeding her? And whatever you do, dont panick that she'll get big like Sammy. She's just a pup...enjoy. By the way, United Nations task force? Too funny!

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Welcome!! Yes im sure you already know bullies cant swim. You're feeding her enough. Just make sure you add a few snacks like fruits, greek yogurt, coconut oil, salmon oil... what kibble are you feeding her? And whatever you do, dont panick that she'll get big like Sammy. She's just a pup...enjoy. By the way, United Nations task force? Too funny!

thank you for your response Helene. We feed Zignature, a very high quality holistic all stages food. My other three dogs have been on it for several years and even when self-feeds never gained an ounce. Since little Piggly Wiggly joined us 3 weeks ago, self-feeding has gone out the window. Her table manners are atrocious and now everyone eats twice daily and in their crates. Daphne is a work in progress...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN.... what a great intro!

I would buy her a life vest once full grown to ensure she doesn't sink again. Some can swim, but better to be safe.

My girl was just like Daphane... vacuum cleaner when it came to food, no free fed for her either ... she topped off at 70 lbs, but we got her back down to 60 and she maintained (well, we did) for her 9 yrs of life. Both of our boys topped out at 58 lbs and held that weight the whole time. Nitschke lived to 7 yrs old and never went over 58 lbs... Lambeau is now 2 and is at 55 lbs. Pint is, they are all differ, but if Daphane is a piggly wiggly... you'll need to watch her food intake, but at this stage, let her be, she looks great.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We feed Zignature and have been very pleased with it so far. My two love it, although I have to say they have never met a food they didn't like! My two are both prone to weight gain (like their parents) so I really have to watch their portions. I top off their food with frozen green beans so they get a bit more without extra calories.

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
We're basically like a small United Nations task force.

:lmaogirl:

Hello Dana, Daphne, and the rest of the task force!
:welcome4: :nice2meetu: :welcome3::hiya:
Welcome to EBN. Daphne is precious. Do keep a watch on the pool. If your other dogs swim, she could follow them in. I look forward to seeing photos of the whole crew!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome to EBN, Daphne is a doll, just love that sweet face!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
:welcome3: - Daphne is Beautiful!! - The others have you covered well. You will love the EBN Family

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.