Going to pick up Tank on Friday from Missouri

Tanksmom1983

Dec 17, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I've never owned an English bulldog but always have wanted one. He was supposed to be home earlier but there was some confusion with the pet transportation company so we are leaving from Ohio Friday morning. I have been doing a lot of research he is currently eating nitrate source puppy food. He comes from bulldog pros a very good breeder so he is currently on all shots until he is 12 weeks. I'm so nervous cuz I want him to have the best possible care. I need some advice on what it's like bring a bulldog home and making his adjustment easier on him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Tank 11.18.16(3).jpg
    Tank 11.18.16(3).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 151

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
Oh, share your concerns but they are the best ever breed to have. Lots of luv and snuggles..... He will know he is boss in a few days, haha. Good luck! PS. Don't worry about the breathing, I thought all the noises Brosco made, he was dying, drove our vet crazy for about a week, it's just them. He also wined the first night so we broke the golden rule and let him sleep with us, probably don't want to do that....eventually got him his own room and put the bed on the floor so he doesn't have to jump. He has his own tv and likes animal planet.....

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awwwwwwa hugs n snuggling like mentioned. Just go with the flow. Day by day. We are all here for you!

Never heard of nitrate source puppy food. I know what Nitrate is but as a puppy food? Unless it's another name. Im for orijen puppy. But that's me.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
HOW EXCITING!!! He is so cute! Like [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] (Helene) said just go with the flow. She is 100% correct that your questions and concerns will be taken care of here, mine were for sure. I went through what you're about to late 2015, you will be ok for sure!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
he is currently eating nitrate source puppy food.
Might that be NutriSource? It looks like decent food...it's grain free and that's a good start but both Puppy formulas primary ingredient is chicken. We avoid chicken in Bulldog food. Over the years chicken has been the single most "allergic to" ingredient for the rescues and our own. Some Bulldogs are OK with it, many others not. Deer, Duck, Salmon have better track records in our experience. There's a lot of info here about preferred foods...enough to overload anyone! It all comes down to what HE tolerates well and doesn't make him itch.
Until all his shots are done, keep him close to home and minimize his exposure to other dogs, dog parks, areas where other dogs do their biz, etc. There will be plenty of time to show him off/socialize him once he's fully immunized.
Establish a regular schedule (eating, sleeping, playing, peeing, pooping,) for him and keep at it. Less accidents that way.
Enjoy!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So exciting, can't wait to see pics of Mr. Tank in his new home!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YEAH!!! safe travels...

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN and congratulations on getting a bulldog! Best breed ever,
Tank is so adorable :)

There is specific information about bully puppies under Forums (top bar) that
cover everything and we are here for you too so, no worries!

Please take pics & share him and have safe travels...Merry Christmas!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.