Newbie seakimg advice and guidance

Moose Momma

Dec 18, 2016
Erie, Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr Mooseington
Hello all! My name is Carrie. I'm a new momma to a gentle, handsome, obedient, and highly sensitive English Bullie named Moose. Our 5 weeks togeather have been bitter sweet. Moosey's issues are what brought me to this forum.

My niece breed her 1st litter of pups in August. My husband and I had zero intentions of getting a dog. We are dog lovers but have been contented with our cat thus far. We would go visit the pups because it's fun, and we've always admired Bulldogs, and they are SO FLIPPING CUTE!!! You can guess what happened....we fell for one of them.

We are now facing some health issues (undesending testicle, loose hips) and temperament issues (apathy, not bonding with us, sleeping all the time and reluctant to move) otherwise he's PERFECT! He's a gentle giant. Doesn't chase or terrorize the cat. Doesn't knock down the toddler I'm a nanny to. In fact, Moose LOVES kids (unfortunately we are only interested in having fur babies) He loves other dogs too, and I believe was very attached to his litter mates/former pack. (Unfortunately this neat freak can only tolorate 1 dog in the house!)

Ive written an article so I'll leave off for now...looking foward to chatting with you :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello Carrie .... :welcome3: to EBN!

Undesending testicle... is somewhat common, but can be handled later at about a year cause if it does not drop by then, it will need to be removed surgically.

Hips... all Bulldogs have hip dysplasia to some extend but can you give more info on Moose's? Also, how old is Moose?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online