Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14

Thread: Coat for you EB...

  1. #1
    Pooper scooper Ivan Lugo's Avatar
    Country
    U.S.A
    Posts
    25
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jeter
    Likes (Received)
    29

    Default Coat for you EB...

    Searching and searching and still can't find that perfect rain and winter coat.. does anyone put "shoes" on their EB?

  2. #2
    Dog Groomer KimDe's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    558
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fezzik
    Likes (Received)
    578

    Default Re: Coat for you EB...

    I bought pawz for his feet but he hates them. Neck and length are always issues with clothes for him. I am planning on sewing a coat for him. If you are interested I found some patterns.

    Would love to see your patterns

  3. #3
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    39,953
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11309

    Default Coat for you EB...

    I have never done coat or shoes... my guys just do not want to be out in the weather long enough. They hate rain .. will play in snow for short periods of time, but to be out for a walk or any extended period of time, just does not happen. Besides, when I have placed any type of clothing on them... they freeze in place, will not move or roll around to get it off
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. Likes Ftse 100, ChrisRN, PinkJem liked this post
  5. #4

    Default Re: Coat for you EB...

    I made my Bullies their winter coats. I found one that goes over the head and wraps up under the chest and velcros on the sides. I copied the pattern and adjusted them to fit like a glove. The other type always popped open ( the around the neck velcro type) I will post a pic

    Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

  6. Likes cefe13, Ftse 100, 2BullyMama, PinkJem liked this post
  7. #5

    Default Re: Coat for you EB...

    Remember to bundle your bully as the weather cools off! A lot of people know bulldogs are sensitive to heat, but they are just as sensitive to cold. This is one of our favorite ways to keep them cozy - made especially for bulldogs!

    *Each one helps feed shelter dogs for 4 days! 🐶 🐶 🐶 🐶

    Get yours here! ►Skull Crossbones Bulldog Hoodie-Provides 4 Days of Food - A Dog's Love

    I saw this one on Facebook

    Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

  8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  9. #6
    Rescue Volunteer cefe13's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,716
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1331

    Default Re: Coat for you EB...

    Into his fourth winter and Castor has finally got a winter coat. I don't like the idea of putting clothes on animals but Castor actually like his coat so I've given in. It looks like a horse winter blanket, is waterproof and lined with fleece. We haven't considered shoes - I would think they are mainly for working dogs in difficult terrain?

    Castor's coat is a bit long - we call it his superhero cape!
    -jacka-jpg


    Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

  10. Likes helsonwheels, MFrey2012, PinkJem liked this post
  11. #7
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Ftse 100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Location
    Qld Australia
    Posts
    6,743
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1904

    Default Re: Coat for you EB...

    I myself would like to get FTSE a light waterproof raincoat as he doesn't like to out for a pee in the rain but still wants to go for his walk in the rain. The ones in the shops are way too long in the body for the size we need to go round the neck and middle if anyone knows of a place this has the specifically fro EBD I would love to know.

  12. #8
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,890
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6104

    Default Re: Coat for you EB...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Lugo View Post
    Searching and searching and still can't find that perfect rain and winter coat.. does anyone put "shoes" on their EB?
    -img_20161122_091853714-jpg-img_20161122_091950113-jpg

    I bought this kind of jacket fir Nyala as underneath is a silver lining that reflects heat and keeps it under so she stay warm. Doesn't mean she can stay longer outside. Our winters are very cold up here. Now I need to find warm booties as we walk a lot even winter.

    Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

  13. #9
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,890
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6104

    Default Re: Coat for you EB...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuneybuster View Post
    Remember to bundle your bully as the weather cools off! A lot of people know bulldogs are sensitive to heat, but they are just as sensitive to cold. This is one of our favorite ways to keep them cozy - made especially for bulldogs!

    *Each one helps feed shelter dogs for 4 days! 🐶 🐶 🐶 🐶

    Get yours here! ►Skull Crossbones Bulldog Hoodie-Provides 4 Days of Food - A Dog's Love

    I saw this one on Facebook

    Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    I'm just laughing. Too funny.

    Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

  14. #10
    Rescue Volunteer cefe13's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,716
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1331

    Default Re: Coat for you EB...

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    -img_20161122_091853714-jpg-img_20161122_091950113-jpg

    I bought this kind of jacket fir Nyala as underneath is a silver lining that reflects heat and keeps it under so she stay warm. Doesn't mean she can stay longer outside. Our winters are very cold up here. Now I need to find warm booties as we walk a lot even winter.

    Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
    This one looks great!


    Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

  15. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  16. #11
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,890
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6104

    Default Re: Coat for you EB...

    Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    This one looks great!
    I like this one because it does the job and looks more like a hiking jacket. This one is her 2nd same jacket. I wanted it to go down to her hips even though they arent supposed to. I walk alot even winter and last winter Nyala was too small to walk in our winters. Im use to walk with my GS but Nyala can walk 3KM easily. Now I need good booties.

  17. #12
    Rescue Volunteer cefe13's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,716
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1331

    Default Re: Coat for you EB...

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I like this one because it does the job and looks more like a hiking jacket. This one is her 2nd same jacket. I wanted it to go down to her hips even though they arent supposed to. I walk alot even winter and last winter Nyala was too small to walk in our winters. Im use to walk with my GS but Nyala can walk 3KM easily. Now I need good booties.
    I like the handle (we lift Castor over stiles so a handle would be great for winter forest walks!).


    Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

  18. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •