Coat for you EB...

Ivan Lugo

May 13, 2016
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeter
Searching and searching and still can't find that perfect rain and winter coat.. does anyone put "shoes" on their EB?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I bought pawz for his feet but he hates them. Neck and length are always issues with clothes for him. I am planning on sewing a coat for him. If you are interested I found some patterns.

Would love to see your patterns

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have never done coat or shoes... my guys just do not want to be out in the weather long enough. They hate rain .. will play in snow for short periods of time, but to be out for a walk or any extended period of time, just does not happen. Besides, when I have placed any type of clothing on them... they freeze in place, will not move or roll around to get it off

Tuneybuster

Oct 7, 2014
I made my Bullies their winter coats. I found one that goes over the head and wraps up under the chest and velcros on the sides. I copied the pattern and adjusted them to fit like a glove. The other type always popped open ( the around the neck velcro type) I will post a pic
86ba9f459913458c477649fc744925d9.jpg
53c8d7659c10b34a97b644994c1013dd.jpg
e6f7b07eb365d25e8d10acfcd74413a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Tuneybuster

Oct 7, 2014
Remember to bundle your bully as the weather cools off! A lot of people know bulldogs are sensitive to heat, but they are just as sensitive to cold. This is one of our favorite ways to keep them cozy - made especially for bulldogs!

*Each one helps feed shelter dogs for 4 days! 🐶 🐶 🐶 🐶

Get yours here! ►Skull Crossbones Bulldog Hoodie-Provides 4 Days of Food - A Dog's Love

I saw this one on Facebook

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Into his fourth winter and Castor has finally got a winter coat. I don't like the idea of putting clothes on animals but Castor actually like his coat so I've given in. It looks like a horse winter blanket, is waterproof and lined with fleece. We haven't considered shoes - I would think they are mainly for working dogs in difficult terrain?

Castor's coat is a bit long - we call it his superhero cape!
jacka.JPG

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I myself would like to get FTSE a light waterproof raincoat as he doesn't like to out for a pee in the rain but still wants to go for his walk in the rain. The ones in the shops are way too long in the body for the size we need to go round the neck and middle if anyone knows of a place this has the specifically fro EBD I would love to know.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Searching and searching and still can't find that perfect rain and winter coat.. does anyone put "shoes" on their EB?
IMG_20161122_091853714.jpgIMG_20161122_091950113.jpg

I bought this kind of jacket fir Nyala as underneath is a silver lining that reflects heat and keeps it under so she stay warm. Doesn't mean she can stay longer outside. Our winters are very cold up here. Now I need to find warm booties as we walk a lot even winter.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Remember to bundle your bully as the weather cools off! A lot of people know bulldogs are sensitive to heat, but they are just as sensitive to cold. This is one of our favorite ways to keep them cozy - made especially for bulldogs!

*Each one helps feed shelter dogs for 4 days! 🐶 🐶 🐶 🐶

Get yours here! ►Skull Crossbones Bulldog Hoodie-Provides 4 Days of Food - A Dog's Love

I saw this one on Facebook

I'm just laughing. Too funny.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
View attachment 102345View attachment 102346

I bought this kind of jacket fir Nyala as underneath is a silver lining that reflects heat and keeps it under so she stay warm. Doesn't mean she can stay longer outside. Our winters are very cold up here. Now I need to find warm booties as we walk a lot even winter.

This one looks great!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
This one looks great!

I like this one because it does the job and looks more like a hiking jacket. This one is her 2nd same jacket. I wanted it to go down to her hips even though they arent supposed to. I walk alot even winter and last winter Nyala was too small to walk in our winters. Im use to walk with my GS but Nyala can walk 3KM easily. Now I need good booties.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I like this one because it does the job and looks more like a hiking jacket. This one is her 2nd same jacket. I wanted it to go down to her hips even though they arent supposed to. I walk alot even winter and last winter Nyala was too small to walk in our winters. Im use to walk with my GS but Nyala can walk 3KM easily. Now I need good booties.

I like the handle (we lift Castor over stiles so a handle would be great for winter forest walks!).

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Foggy Mountain Dog Coats, are a very good coat, and they fit right. They have them for bulldogs too. there are several different types, including rain coats. Just Google Foggy Mountain Dog Coats for where to buy them. We got ours from dogcoat dot com.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Foggy Mountain Dog Coats, are a very good coat, and they fit right. They have them for bulldogs too. there are several different types, including rain coats. Just Google Foggy Mountain Dog Coats for where to buy them. We got ours from dogcoat dot com.
These look like the best I've seen. I'd consider one, but Mabel hates being outside.

Most Reactions