Re-Introduction

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hi everyone! Do you remember me? We were going to adopt Moobear? The EB. We lost out on Moo, but we adopted a greyhound instead? Anyone? Anyone? lol Well, Venus (greyhound) was the most loveable easy going dog, but I believe she was lonely for other greys. We ended up giving her back but she immediately found a family with 3 other greys and she is as happy as a lark now :yes:

Soooo, I've been looking into EB's again. There is one I am going to look at tomorrow. His name is Dozer and he is 6 mos old. Is this a rough age? Major puppy issues? I don't want to get in over my head.

IF we do adopt Dozer, could you guys tell me what a good "starter kit" would be for him?

Thanks,
Missed you all!
Meg

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hi Meg! I do remember you and Moobear (who could ever forget a name like that!) for me 6 months was a pretty great age no more baby teeth and I've had Murray since he was 8 weeks old so by six months we had a pretty good routine going. As far as a good starter kit I would suggest a crate with a comfy crate pad or blankets, harness, leash, stainless steel or ceramic bowls for food, antlers, marrow bone, good chew toys (kong, jw, west paw designs have some great ones) that's just some ideas to get you started. Look around on the site there are some great threads and articles suggesting thugs to have on hand. Hope it works out with Dozer or another wonderful bully soon! Welcome back ;)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
JW is a brand of toys that have some tough ones. [MENTION=15395]megdav[/MENTION] [MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] has given good suggestions. My dogs have every kind of nylabone durabone that I find. They love them. Having 4, I can't give real antlers,as there would be war!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone! Do you remember me? We were going to adopt Moobear? The EB. We lost out on Moo, but we adopted a greyhound instead? Anyone? Anyone? lol Well, Venus (greyhound) was the most loveable easy going dog, but I believe she was lonely for other greys. We ended up giving her back but she immediately found a family with 3 other greys and she is as happy as a lark now :yes:

Soooo, I've been looking into EB's again. There is one I am going to look at tomorrow. His name is Dozer and he is 6 mos old. Is this a rough age? Major puppy issues? I don't want to get in over my head.

IF we do adopt Dozer, could you guys tell me what a good "starter kit" would be for him?

Thanks,
Missed you all!
Meg

Hey girl! I totally remember all this.... how did it go today? months should not be too bad, teething is over with and potty trainingg should be done too

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Having 4, I can't give real antlers,as there would be war!!

How do you take care of 4? I'm nervous about taking care of 1 :ohmy: Aren't you constantly wiping (up) something? lol And the cost must be incredible. Can you tell I'm getting cold feet? :blush2:

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
how did it go today?

HI! I didn't meet the little guy yesterday. My son had things going on. If I decide to go through with this (nerves), and he's not gone, I'll probably meet him tomorrow!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15395]megdav[/MENTION] I try to do all I can myself! They take care of me,as I live alone and would not have a life without them. I was offered two more,but for once I was sensible-I knew if something went wrong,I couldn't afford it. Sometimes I wish I only had one-just because I would be able to take a trip!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online