Real Name
    Beth
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rosco
    Likes (Received)

Default Meet Rosco!

Hello Everyone, my name is Beth. I am new to the forum as well as being new to EBD's. Here is the the history that we know about our new little guy named Rosco.

My husband brought him home just a few days ago. He said someone at work was really pushing for him to take this puppy that a family member has(breeder) Explained that no one wants brindle markings on their EBD's. Which was the first thing I thought was very strange, but what do I know. We paid basically nothing for him, which again I thought was weird that a breeder would let a dog go for that, especially not knowing us.

So he picks him up on Sunday from the guy that he knows. Brings him home, you can see his ribs, informed my husband that they recently found out he had worms, then he's filthy dirty. I'm talking one of the dirtiest dogs I've ever seen. So he meets the family and we immediately get him into the bath tub. He had so many fleas on him, omg it was so sad. There was bleeding in random places as I washed him. He was crying, it was awful!!

They gave us papers to register him but no shot records, no idea of what kind of food he had been eating, nothing. My guess is the guy that brought him to us, was concerned for his health and wanted someone to take good care of him.

So the first 2 days he ate very well, I'm guessing because he was hungry, and laid around most of the time with an distended stomach and just not feeling well. The vet said he has multiple types of worms, anemic, went ahead and dewormed him again, etc. I think he was having allergies because he had blisters in his mouth, eyes are red, and then like I say a few cuts here and there on his body and legs. He got the Full Puppy works from the vet though!!

So I found this forum while researching because again I knew nothing about the breed and have read 3 books cover to cover. Rosco has sense come out of his shell and started playing like a puppy does with my 3 children. He's been really good since day one, he seems to be particularly fond of me. I would like to say THANK YOU THANK YOU, to all the members of this forum. I have felt that this site is my most valuable place for information on him. I don't even look elsewhere now

He is looking so much better now. Amazing what a few days in a good home will do.

-image-jpeg-image-jpeg

Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Meet Rosco!

OMG why would people do that?? I'm so glad you decided to rescue him and nurse him back to health! Sounds just like a horrible person/breeder. Brindles are personally my favorite. Glad he is opening up to your family and welcome to EBN!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

First of all - WELCOME to you and sweet Rosco! You know this is why I hate people sometimes. How can someone do that to a poor animal. I am so incredibly happy that he found you guys as a family, what a blessing! I can already tell he is going to be loved, and you will soon fall in love with him too as his personality starts to show. Bullies are just the most wonderful breed! We are here for you if you have any questions along the way!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    First of all - WELCOME to you and sweet Rosco! You know this is why I hate people sometimes. How can someone do that to a poor animal. I am so incredibly happy that he found you guys as a family, what a blessing! I can already tell he is going to be loved, and you will soon fall in love with him too as his personality starts to show. Bullies are just the most wonderful breed! We are here for you if you have any questions along the way!

I agree! Roscoe is a lucky boy that you came into his life!! to the family!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

6. Likes TyTysmom, CCandMurray, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

seems like he is up to great health ahead. He is fortunate to have found you.

Welcome to EBN.
    Hug your bully today

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

to you and Rosco!! -So glad he found a great family like yours, He is a lucky little man!! - - Shame on that breeder!! My mom's English is Brindle and white, that is what she WANTED!! Which is what made me want my own....

Anyhoo, this EBN team is Wonderful!!

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

thank you for saving that sweet baby!

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My goodness he is beautiful!!!

to EBN. Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving this sweet baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Beth
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rosco
    Likes (Received)

Thank You everyone!! I'm so thankful I found this forum. I'm hoping to keep him as healthy and happy as possible.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BethD View Post
    Thank You everyone!! I'm so thankful I found this forum. I'm hoping to keep him as healthy and happy as possible.
    Hmmmm dont like brindle. How insulting!!! Lolll

Well welcome and yes you're in great hands with the site for your new little Rosco. You did a GREAT job nursing him back quickly like you did. Good job!! Shows you're going to be a great bully momma.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

to EBN!!! Roscoe is sure a lucky pup to have found you guys... Thank you for rescuing him and making a difference!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Congrats to you all. He's a very handsome little guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads