BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
Hello Everyone, my name is Beth. I am new to the forum as well as being new to EBD's. Here is the the history that we know about our new little guy named Rosco.

My husband brought him home just a few days ago. He said someone at work was really pushing for him to take this puppy that a family member has(breeder) Explained that no one wants brindle markings on their EBD's. Which was the first thing I thought was very strange, but what do I know. We paid basically nothing for him, which again I thought was weird that a breeder would let a dog go for that, especially not knowing us.

So he picks him up on Sunday from the guy that he knows. Brings him home, you can see his ribs, informed my husband that they recently found out he had worms, then he's filthy dirty. I'm talking one of the dirtiest dogs I've ever seen. So he meets the family and we immediately get him into the bath tub. He had so many fleas on him, omg it was so sad. There was bleeding in random places as I washed him. He was crying, it was awful!!

They gave us papers to register him but no shot records, no idea of what kind of food he had been eating, nothing. My guess is the guy that brought him to us, was concerned for his health and wanted someone to take good care of him.

So the first 2 days he ate very well, I'm guessing because he was hungry, and laid around most of the time with an distended stomach and just not feeling well. The vet said he has multiple types of worms, anemic, went ahead and dewormed him again, etc. I think he was having allergies because he had blisters in his mouth, eyes are red, and then like I say a few cuts here and there on his body and legs. He got the Full Puppy works from the vet though!!

So I found this forum while researching because again I knew nothing about the breed and have read 3 books cover to cover. Rosco has sense come out of his shell and started playing like a puppy does with my 3 children. He's been really good since day one, he seems to be particularly fond of me. I would like to say THANK YOU THANK YOU, to all the members of this forum. I have felt that this site is my most valuable place for information on him. I don't even look elsewhere now:D

He is looking so much better now. Amazing what a few days in a good home will do.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
OMG why would people do that?? I'm so glad you decided to rescue him and nurse him back to health! Sounds just like a horrible person/breeder. Brindles are personally my favorite. Glad he is opening up to your family and welcome to EBN!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
First of all - WELCOME to you and sweet Rosco! You know this is why I hate people sometimes. How can someone do that to a poor animal. I am so incredibly happy that he found you guys as a family, what a blessing! I can already tell he is going to be loved, and you will soon fall in love with him too as his personality starts to show. Bullies are just the most wonderful breed! We are here for you if you have any questions along the way! :D

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
First of all - WELCOME to you and sweet Rosco! You know this is why I hate people sometimes. How can someone do that to a poor animal. I am so incredibly happy that he found you guys as a family, what a blessing! I can already tell he is going to be loved, and you will soon fall in love with him too as his personality starts to show. Bullies are just the most wonderful breed! We are here for you if you have any questions along the way! :D

I agree! Roscoe is a lucky boy that you came into his life!! :welcome:to the family!!!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
:welcome4: to you and Rosco!! -So glad he found a great family like yours, He is a lucky little man!! - :censored: - Shame on that breeder!! My mom's English is Brindle and white, that is what she WANTED!! Which is what made me want my own....

Anyhoo, this EBN team is Wonderful!! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My goodness he is beautiful!!!

:welcome3: to EBN. Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving this sweet baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BethD

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
Thank You everyone!! I'm so thankful I found this forum. I'm hoping to keep him as healthy and happy as possible.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank You everyone!! I'm so thankful I found this forum. I'm hoping to keep him as healthy and happy as possible.

Hmmmm dont like brindle. How insulting!!! Lolll

Well welcome and yes you're in great hands with the site for your new little Rosco. You did a GREAT job nursing him back quickly like you did. Good job!! Shows you're going to be a great bully momma.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Roscoe is sure a lucky pup to have found you guys... Thank you for rescuing him and making a difference!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Congrats to you all. He's a very handsome little guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chitownbully

Nov 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
KINGSTON / PRINCE
[MENTION=16466]BethD[/MENTION] OMG! what a lil doll! So happy he found a loving home. They tend to adjust fairly well to their surroundings. Its only been a yr since I've had mine, but I can tell you there are very tough lil pups. And you will fall in love with him instantly, as I'm sure you already have.

Jhedir6

Aug 15, 2016
Dunnvile Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thysyn
Welcome Beth and Rosco. Good on you and your family for rescuing that boy. But I think the breeder might of been right....no one likes brindles really.......especially me.

:welcome4: From David and Thysyn

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Your Rosco is so sweet! It sounds like he is well on the way to good health, thanks to you. No, none of us on here like brindles (see Chumly below)!!! That is one of the stranger things I have heard!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.