Pikola

Oct 16, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Charly
Hi,

New member here and new bully owner. Charly is 6 months old 48 lbs and just full of beans! We are hoping to get him off the puppy food soon. He is on blue wilderness puppy food and growing well. His head and neck are not fully developed compared to his body size. When should we expect him to get more proportionate? Also should we step up to a more adult food soon. Fear is he ,if hot be growing a bit fast as he has shown signs of limping on his front right? It goes away but find that if he runs and plays hard he will get the limp.

Pics of Charly below for size. We think he is a good avg male. Hoping to get him to the 70 lbs muscle size of his dad😉

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Sorry I can't answer your question (someone will) but I wanted to welcome you and tell you what a handsome lad you have! Good looking boy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN... he will not be full grown till about two years old--- up the fist year, out the second year with some additional head growth the third year. You can switch to adult food at 8 months without issues.

Charley is one good looking boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

Pikola

Oct 16, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Charly
Charly and I thank you for the kind words and appreciate when warm welcome! Look forward to reading and learning more about the bully breed here on the forum!

Cheers!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Charley is looking fantastic...

Schultz1503

Oct 11, 2016
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and Tink
He looks great very important to have a well proportioned bulldog stick with the proper feeding as stated above he will get to his full potential[emoji4][emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can switch his food now if you wish. We usually take ours off puppy food at 7 months of age. As others have said he will fill out his second year, and not full stop growing until around 3 years of age. First year up, then second year out. :)

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i have always heard that they get their height at a year and their width at 2 years but my bulldog breeder that i have gotten my dogs from tells me that their heads still grow when they are 3 and 4 years.. i know my rock is a big boy.. at a year i thought he was big.. his head is huge and paws are big.. hes a big boy. not as in over weight big.. big all over.. you have a handsome boy..

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Charly and I thank you for the kind words and appreciate when warm welcome! Look forward to reading and learning more about the bully breed here on the forum!

Cheers!

:welcome4: my canuck!

Good looking bully there. Seems to be growing well. Since you're in Canada, why dont you get him on adult Acana.... Cant go wrong with that!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.