Newbie from TEXAS

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1876]dyale[/MENTION]
@cadillactaste
Thanks for the welcome, that is so funny about your boys :lol:. Well thanks for the advice about the heat, we live in west Texas and it gets pretty hot down here but our girls are indoors they just go out for the bathroom and maybe a 10-15 minute play about twice a day. It's so funny to me for them to be indoor dogs they love to be outside. I pratically have to drag them in or bribe them with baby carrots. That's so sad how some people leave them outside all day. I'm working on pictures right now but I can't figure out how to post them.

I'm sure our Ohio weather isn't as bad as Texas...but we have hot days here during the summer. And Tank would fry his brains out if you let him laying out on the deck. So I'm hearing ya with your bulldogs not wanting to come in out of the heat.

I use Photobucket upload them there...and then attach the link for Forums. And they are easily shown without needing to open a link...It's a free site...you upload your picture...go to SHARE once it's loaded...and then click
IMG for bulletin boards & forums
Highlight the link and copy...then paste it here on the post your doing...I prefer the larger size option. ;)

Did I tell you I like pictures...:D

Tank_and_Cole_had_I_known_this_w-1.jpg

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
dyale
@cadillactaste
Thanks for the welcome, that is so funny about your boys :lol:. Well thanks for the advice about the heat, we live in west Texas and it gets pretty hot down here but our girls are indoors they just go out for the bathroom and maybe a 10-15 minute play about twice a day. It's so funny to me for them to be indoor dogs they love to be outside. I pratically have to drag them in or bribe them with baby carrots. That's so sad how some people leave them outside all day. I'm working on pictures right now but I can't figure out how to post them.

I'm sure our Ohio weather isn't as bad as Texas...but we have hot days here during the summer. And Tank would fry his brains out if you let him laying out on the deck. So I'm hearing ya with your bulldogs not wanting to come in out of the heat.

I use Photobucket upload them there...and then attach the link for Forums. And they are easily shown without needing to open a link...It's a free site...you upload your picture...go to SHARE once it's loaded...and then click
IMG for bulletin boards & forums
Highlight the link and copy...then paste it here on the post your doing...I prefer the larger size option. ;)

Did I tell you I like pictures...:D

Tank_and_Cole_had_I_known_this_w-1.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!!! You say you are new to bulldogs but have an 8 month old, how did that come about? We like to be nosey and get all the details so spill away. :) Oh and yes PICS please. I agree with the warning on the heat, with summer coming we cannot have enough of these as reminders to us all. If 1 bully is lost due to the heat it is a tragedy. As it gets hotter you will find that playing outside is a no-no even. My boy is a fetch addict and tries to get me to throw the ball in the warm months and the only chance he gets at that even is first thing in the morning before the sun kicks in. Even then tho you can hear it in his breath how fast he needs a break.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Welcome! There are lots of great tutorials to help learn and navigate the site. How to post pics and videos. Looking forward to seeing yours when you get it figured out.

OP
dyale

dyale

Feb 19, 2011
Midland, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Izzy
@cali~jenn
We have had our 8 month old since she was 10 weeks old but what I meant was that we've never owned a EB before her so we are still learning and still needing advice. We decided to get another one because we wanted her to have a friend.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh! Gottcha. :) Cutty is 5 and I am still learning everyday so I know how that is. haha That is a good age difference between them, they will play well together. I think Cutty was about 10 months or so when we got Mugsy as a pup and they took to each other right away.

Most Reactions