Hello and a question

lilone

Sep 11, 2016
Lamar, Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yabba Dabba Doo
Hello everyone I am a new English bulldog puppy owner I am working myself to death with her going number 2 so much I have had lots of dogs but she is the first to go this much is there a food that will help in this problem?

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
:welcome3: Lisa - What are you feeding your baby now, how much and how often, how is the stool consistency??

This group is great, you will right at home here!! - What is your baby's name, please post some pics, we LOVE them!!

I'm sure some will be along soon with some great advice!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
What food are you feeding and how much? That could be the entire reason.

OP
L

lilone

Sep 11, 2016
Lamar, Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yabba Dabba Doo
I have her on full feed it is at her discretion and she is eating Pedigree adult formula it is all I have available right now and it is soft

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That could be the problem. Pedigree isn't that great of a food so you want to use the best that you can afford that agrees with your pup. Generally as pups they get fed 1 to 1.5 cups per feeding 2 to 3 times a day for the first 6 months to a year and then cut back feedings to 1 to 1.5 cups twice a day from then on. Free feeding these guys is not a good idea as they are garbage disposals and will eat and eat until they get sick and/or are very over weight.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
:goodpost: Todd - Very well said. Ellie is a hoover vacuum, I could NEVER free feed her. Yes Please try and get your baby on the best puppy style food, your budget will allow. There is also a great site called Dog Food Advisor.com, they have a lot of great brands for you to choose from. If you have loose stools while transitioning, you can always give about 1 TBSP/day canned pure pumpkin (not the pie filling) this will help firm up the stool.

Good Luck!! - Keep us posted!!

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
If I tried to free feed ANY of my dogs I'd probably go through a 40lbs bag a day!! LOL She is pooping all the time because she is eating all the time! Plus yes an adult dog food (especially pedigree) is too rich for her and full of fillers. How old is she? Pics?

OP
L

lilone

Sep 11, 2016
Lamar, Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yabba Dabba Doo
20160913_125936.jpg
she is 6 months old

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Get your puppy on grain free kibble in the amount already noted by others. No free feeding.

BTW, cute bully, cute little lady!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That could be the problem. Pedigree isn't that great of a food so you want to use the best that you can afford that agrees with your pup. Generally as pups they get fed 1 to 1.5 cups per feeding 2 to 3 times a day for the first 6 months to a year and then cut back feedings to 1 to 1.5 cups twice a day from then on. Free feeding these guys is not a good idea as they are garbage disposals and will eat and eat until they get sick and/or are very over weight.
[MENTION=16334]lilone[/MENTION] ^^^^ exactly what Todd stated!!

:welcome3: to EBN!

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Hello, welcome to the forums. You've gotten very good feeding advice so I just wanted to say welcome and say how adorable both your little darlings are!

Dianna

Sep 5, 2016
California
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Godiva aka Ellie
I used 1 1/2 cups of puppy food twice a day, At first she was on Blue Buffalo until we noticed that our pup was loosing hair along the ridge of her back so we switched to Puppy Beneful Chicken, same amount. Probably like human babies, puppies' stool will start to harden and go less frequently when you switch them to adult food(would be like switching babies to solid food).
We transitioned Ellie to adult beneful beef after she turned 1. We still feed her the same amount of food, we don't free feed her, that not only controls how many times she goes during the day but also keeps her girly figure. We feed her once in the morning and once at night.

Hope this helps, every dog is different, just letting you know what works for our dog.

Good luck and congrats on being a bully lover

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I used 1 1/2 cups of puppy food twice a day, At first she was on Blue Buffalo until we noticed that our pup was loosing hair along the ridge of her back so we switched to Puppy Beneful Chicken, same amount.
every dog is different, just letting you know what works for our dog.

Good luck and congrats on being a bully lover

I'm glad that Beneful is working for you, however, I can not in a good conscience not say something - Please look at the ingredients, Beneful is consistently one of the lowest ranking dog foods out there (1 step above 'Dog Chow') Blue Buffalo is one of the higher quality foods out there, with a huge selection of GRAIN FREE (Does your dog go into a corn field and start eating?) Blue Buffalo also has 'limited ingredient' selection if your pup develops allergies. I actually laugh myself silly with the TV Commercials from the people who work making Beneful from Purina, and how they feed it to their pets.

Please Google BENEFUL. (I'm not pitching Blue Buffalo, but I am pitching a high quality food with limited ingredients)

Finally, with Bullies and their food -- Garbage in, Garbage out. Low quality food = HIGHER Chance of medical issues, allergies, yeast issues, tear stains, etc.

Good luck

OH and if you DONT subscribe to Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor PLEASE do for AT LEAST the Recall notices on food. It could save your Fur Baby !

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I'm glad that Beneful is working for you, however, I can not in a good conscience not say something - Please look at the ingredients, Beneful is consistently one of the lowest ranking dog foods out there (1 step above 'Dog Chow') Blue Buffalo is one of the higher quality foods out there, with a huge selection of GRAIN FREE (Does your dog go into a corn field and start eating?) Blue Buffalo also has 'limited ingredient' selection if your pup develops allergies. I actually laugh myself silly with the TV Commercials from the people who work making Beneful from Purina, and how they feed it to their pets.

Please Google BENEFUL. (I'm not pitching Blue Buffalo, but I am pitching a high quality food with limited ingredients)

Finally, with Bullies and their food -- Garbage in, Garbage out. Low quality food = HIGHER Chance of medical issues, allergies, yeast issues, tear stains, etc.

Good luck

OH and if you DONT subscribe to Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor PLEASE do for AT LEAST the Recall notices on food. It could save your Fur Baby !

I can not in a good conscience not say something*??? Boy and I thought I was the only one that speaks her mind. You must be my lost twin.....:p:lmaogirl::lmaogirl::lmaogirl:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I can not in a good conscience not say something*??? Boy and I thought I was the only one that speaks her mind. You must be my lost twin.....:p:lmaogirl::lmaogirl::lmaogirl:

LOL I've been through Testicular Cancer, 15 years later I became Paralyzed in a Wheelchair... So I have big BALL (singular) and I speak my mind :) :) :) :) LOL :p Which isnt necessarily a good thing... nor a bad thing ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.