Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello and a question

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello and a question

Quote Originally Posted by Dianna View Post
    I used 1 1/2 cups of puppy food twice a day, At first she was on Blue Buffalo until we noticed that our pup was loosing hair along the ridge of her back so we switched to Puppy Beneful Chicken, same amount.
    every dog is different, just letting you know what works for our dog.

Good luck and congrats on being a bully lover
    I'm glad that Beneful is working for you, however, I can not in a good conscience not say something - Please look at the ingredients, Beneful is consistently one of the lowest ranking dog foods out there (1 step above 'Dog Chow') Blue Buffalo is one of the higher quality foods out there, with a huge selection of GRAIN FREE (Does your dog go into a corn field and start eating?) Blue Buffalo also has 'limited ingredient' selection if your pup develops allergies. I actually laugh myself silly with the TV Commercials from the people who work making Beneful from Purina, and how they feed it to their pets.

Please Google BENEFUL. (I'm not pitching Blue Buffalo, but I am pitching a high quality food with limited ingredients)

Finally, with Bullies and their food -- Garbage in, Garbage out. Low quality food = HIGHER Chance of medical issues, allergies, yeast issues, tear stains, etc.

Good luck

OH and if you DONT subscribe to Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor PLEASE do for AT LEAST the Recall notices on food. It could save your Fur Baby !

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    I'm glad that Beneful is working for you, however, I can not in a good conscience not say something - Please look at the ingredients, Beneful is consistently one of the lowest ranking dog foods out there (1 step above 'Dog Chow') Blue Buffalo is one of the higher quality foods out there, with a huge selection of GRAIN FREE (Does your dog go into a corn field and start eating?) Blue Buffalo also has 'limited ingredient' selection if your pup develops allergies. I actually laugh myself silly with the TV Commercials from the people who work making Beneful from Purina, and how they feed it to their pets.

Please Google BENEFUL. (I'm not pitching Blue Buffalo, but I am pitching a high quality food with limited ingredients)

Finally, with Bullies and their food -- Garbage in, Garbage out. Low quality food = HIGHER Chance of medical issues, allergies, yeast issues, tear stains, etc.

Good luck

OH and if you DONT subscribe to Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor PLEASE do for AT LEAST the Recall notices on food. It could save your Fur Baby !
    I can not in a good conscience not say something*??? Boy and I thought I was the only one that speaks her mind. You must be my lost twin.....

3. Likes 2BullyMama, ChrisRN liked this post
    Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I can not in a good conscience not say something*??? Boy and I thought I was the only one that speaks her mind. You must be my lost twin.....
    LOL I've been through Testicular Cancer, 15 years later I became Paralyzed in a Wheelchair... So I have big BALL (singular) and I speak my mind LOL Which isnt necessarily a good thing... nor a bad thing

Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    China
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

OMG, these 2 are such a cute pair! Lovely babies! So, you feed fur baby with wet dog food. I can think about 2 possible problems, may be, this food has not enough fibre for her colon to work well. In this case, adding some vegetables could help like carrot or above mentioned cooked pumpkin. Other reason may be it is a bit too little food for her and she literally has nothing to poop with, everything is digested. In this case you can try to give her a bit more?

Real Name
    Dianna ( I go by DeeDee)
    Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Godiva aka Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for the input. I checked out the reviews and Beneful is a 2 star food. I went ahead and ordered Fromm -4 star food. I just wonder what ingredient was in the blue buffalo that caused her to loose hair, hope Fromm doesn't have the same effect.
    I appreciate anyone that speaks their mind

Dianna

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN. Jewel and Bentley say hello.

Real Name
    Dianna ( I go by DeeDee)
    Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Godiva aka Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Okay so my baby has been on Fromm for 2 weeks or so and she loves it. I've been mixing her food (old with new) and I see her trying to get to just the new food. She's always sniffing the Fromm bag,lol, so I went ahead and ordered a 30lb bag so thank you all, even those that speak their mind,lol, for the great input and concern.

Love this site��❤️��

10. Likes 2BullyMama, 1Chumly, TyTysmom liked this post
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear she is doing so well. If you ever have any other problems, don't be scared to ask! We have all gone through something or other with these dogs!!
    Chumly 2002-2014 A true gentleman and gentle soul.

12. Likes 2BullyMama, Dianna liked this post
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tiger - Ty
    Likes (Received)

Hi fellow newbie,

I had exactly the same problem with Ty, when I got him.
    after two trips to the vet, and a total change of diet I figured it out.

He was EATING TO FAST

got one of the bowls designed to make them eat more slowly, and immediately the diarrhea stopped

14. Likes Dianna liked this post
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dianna View Post
    Okay so my baby has been on Fromm for 2 weeks or so and she loves it. I've been mixing her food (old with new) and I see her trying to get to just the new food. She's always sniffing the Fromm bag,lol, so I went ahead and ordered a 30lb bag so thank you all, even those that speak their mind,lol, for the great input and concern.

Love this site��❤️��
    Yay! Welcome to EBN! I'm glad you're here!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Real Name
    Dianna ( I go by DeeDee)
    Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Godiva aka Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Update since my Ellie has been on Fromm we havent had to, umm, wipe her tush, at least not like before. There's barely anything left (residuals on the back end) to wipe. So Thankful for this site and all of your input. I did notice she was having a little trouble passing #2 with the Fromm and the NuVet supplements so I stopped the supplements and seems everything has been passing smoothly ever since ��
    Still feed her a cup and a half twice a day though I do see her looking for more throughout the day but as a female myself I do know that we need to watch what we eat,unfortunately.
    Have a great night to you all and very happy Halloween

17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads