Changing from Iams to Fromm, got questions?

Darkhrse99

Apr 4, 2010
So the breeder uses Iams large breed puppy grain free food. She is 7 weeks old and has been doing good on it. I already bought the Fromm, but now I wonder why I should switch it if the puppy is doing well on it, why change for the sake of changing ? Any thoughts ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You should change... Iams is not a good food at all -- it is fine now as it is only a few weeks on it and you want high quality grain free known sourced food that will keep him healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
In my experience reactions to food, etc does not start showing until they are over 8 weeks but some may be more tolerant than others. I would switch now vs trying to do it when she is older and experiencing any problems.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
switch now so she doesn't get picky and eat only junk food :)

Jhedir6

Aug 15, 2016
Dunnvile Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thysyn
I just switched my guy to Fromm's Gold Puppy. I didn't even phase him in, the breeder told me when I went to visit/pick my guy he was going onto one solid food, then the day I picked him up, she told me a different brand. I had already bought the first one and the second I couldnt find anywhere in my area so I just went ahead with a straight switch right to Fromms. He got sick twice. Once the first night. Now that could of been the food, the rough play with Bentley or the fact that he got taken from his mom and litter mates, then spent 5hrs in a car on the ride home. The second time was a couple days later and he was napping in my lap after eating and somehow manage to turn himself around then flip upside down. After a couple mins this way he threw up lunch. Other than those two times no issues with the change. But do it early so they dont get too use to Iams. I am very happy with Fromms. I bought a 5 lbs bag to start to make sure there were no allergies. He seems to like it fine, gained 3 lbs off the first 5 lbs bag and it lasted 2 weeks exactly with 3 feedings a day of 1/2 cup each. I've upped his intake a small amount on each feeding as my guy is super active and has no signs of getting pudgy. This is the first pet I've ever had on Fromm's and I'm very pleased with it.

David and Thysyn

Most Reactions