ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
Hi,

I am new to this Forum. I recently adopted my first English Bulldog Pup and would love to learn more about to care for these gentle giants with your help.

Yesterday I was searching on Craigslist and found a local breeder. He had the most perfect Stocky Pup and I had to have him. He was selling him for $1500 and I went in blindly but I asked for papers, Vaccination Records and Pics of the parents. He than told me that the Dog was from Mexico and Presented papers that were in Spanish lol which is fine but I wanted to reach out to you guys first to tell me how you guys feel about that? I know its probably too late because I already purchased the pup and he is completely perfect but then again, Pups always look cute in the beginning. lol

He did say that my pup, Chapo :) (3 months) still needs his 3rd vaccination shot and rabies so I have a scheduled appointment at the Vet this Tuesday. Another one of my questions, can you tell by the way he looks now to how he will start to look when it get older? For Example: Its Large Paws, Folds and Body Built? I kinda want my Bully to be wide and short to the ground with a large head. Right now he looks good but hopefully I can post some pictures and get some opinions from some experienced Bulldog breeders.

Anyway, Thank you for your time.

Jerry Ryan

OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
Meet Chapo

5e47029f3df022d8062f2c9f2a1d5f72.jpg

502362f690b3bec3d9dfe6724b322947.jpg

316d73c72cf369f826b4f49cfd3333e7.jpg
22747e63bc7f9be77bcb7381a8477991.jpg

f5d08b71c828e1213af3310e39d612ea.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
At 3 months, I think he needs a bit more weight on him.

His ribs show...you're supposed to be able to feel them
not see them. As a growing pup, he needs all those nutrients
to develop properly into that big boy you're looking for!

Congratulations & welcome to EBN, a lot of great information,
help & advice here.

OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
At 3 months, I think he needs a bit more weight on him.

His ribs show...you're supposed to be able to feel them
not see them. As a growing pup, he needs all those nutrients
to develop properly into that big boy you're looking for!

Congratulations & welcome to EBN, a lot of great information,
help & advice here.

Thank you for your feedback. I got him Last night and did not get to feed him till this morning. I purchased Grain Free wellness brand food. He ate a full bowl about 2 cups. Before that he had diarrhea. So im monitoring him. Im wondering if he gets extremely big because of his pedigree or if Its based on how much high protein foods i feed him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Blood lines/Genetics will be the biggest factor determining size. Did you see the parents at all?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Cute boy and great that you have made an appointment with a vet for shots, etc., and make sure they make a full examination unless you have valid papers that such an examination has been made. If he's travelled and as he's gone from one home to another he may need some time for his tummy to settle.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Personally, I don't go on Craigslist-and would never purchase a dog on there. That being said, he is a cute pup,and I'd say certainly needs worming,and a vet exam,as I know you plan to do. A pup will not reach his full potential if he has poor nutrition, but if he is force fed too much ,trying to make him grow faster/larger, that can be harmful,also. He needs a good,grain free food,vitamins-such as NuVet,and a probiotic. I would feed him 3 times a day,as he is just a baby. Bring a stool sample to the Veterinarian when you take him in. Best of luck with your boy!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi Jerry and congratulations on your bully pup. Jewel and Bentley say hello.

Be sure to peruse the website as there is tons of information here.

Welcome to EBN.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: you and Chapo to EBN!!!

OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
Blood lines/Genetics will be the biggest factor determining size. Did you see the parents at all?

Yes this is the Dad.
d7dd3faedb386abc7d59ed259d79782f.jpg

OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
I love him regardless of how he will look but if i can get him to have this built. That would be awesome
eb359ff20ca01f9e86155bd7102077ff.jpg

OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
Thanks [MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] for the warm welcome

OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
Hi Jerry and congratulations on your bully pup. Jewel and Bentley say hello.

Be sure to peruse the website as there is tons of information here.

Welcome to EBN.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Will do :)

OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
Personally, I don't go on Craigslist-and would never purchase a dog on there. That being said, he is a cute pup,and I'd say certainly needs worming,and a vet exam,as I know you plan to do. A pup will not reach his full potential if he has poor nutrition, but if he is force fed too much ,trying to make him grow faster/larger, that can be harmful,also. He needs a good,grain free food,vitamins-such as NuVet,and a probiotic. I would feed him 3 times a day,as he is just a baby. Bring a stool sample to the Veterinarian when you take him in. Best of luck with your boy!

Thanks For the Advice. Yes, i feel i should of went on this Forum before i went on Craigslist lol hopefully i can take care of Chapo like he deserves. His temperament is perfect but ill do my best to document about him on here.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.