Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Everyone/Support Needed Please

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello Everyone/Support Needed Please

Hi Rosemarie, I feel your pain and this is one topic close to my heart as a few here know FTSE has a aggression thing he is so over protective of me but lately he has snapped at me a few times and believe me it scares the hell out of me I just walk away but as for a baby or three year old they wouldn't have the chance too. FTSE seems to be getting worse the older he gets I blame myself have I let him get too close to me I am stern with him but I guess there are times we are not.

Is this a common thing with Bulldogs as lately I have heard this quite a bit.

Rosemarie I think you have made the right decision for the safety and peace of your family but it is one of the hardest things you will go through on Tuesday, sending prayers to you and your family that you get through this and Chanel handles it good.
    Two little having fun together

2. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Rosemarie, I'm so glad to see you back on EBN, we have missed you... and congrats on the baby girl. We really need to see some pics!!!

Your story absolutely breaks my heart, we went thru a somewhat similar experience w/Walter not too long ago. He was very aggressive w/my husband, and occasionally me... we hired a professional dog trainer in Nashville to help us out. She gave us a checklist of things to do, and thankfully having him neutered made a world of difference for us.

Please do NOT beat yourself over re-homing Brutus... I LOVE my dogs, make NO mistake about it... they are like my children. BUT my skin family comes first... if my dogs attacked someone in this house they would have to go. You have two little kids in your home... they are your FIRST priority, and you being the wonderful mom that you are already know this. I can only imagine how difficult this will be for you, but I would do the same in your position.

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers... please don't be a stranger, we are here for you and the family!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

4. Likes helsonwheels, Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

It is so good to see your face on here again!! I can't add anything to this post but . I am so sorry you are going through this but deep down you know the only choice if you have tried everything else.

I'm a good girl, I promise

6. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Louie
    Likes (Received)

Rosemarie & Family -

I am so sad to gear of Brutus's behavior. I am a volunteer at a Bulldog Rescue, and as traumatic as it is for you to rehome Brutus, the rescue group will rehome him to the right family, what I mean to say is, they don't just rehome him to anybody. There are home inspections and meet-and-greets with the other dogs in the household (if there are any), personality evaluations, and so on. I would also explain to the volunteer how extremely hard this is for the family and his best bud Chanel. You may be able to get updates from the family and rescue group!

It is always very hard to lose a family member, but you are doing the right thing.

Patti & Louie

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry this has happened. I agree that you may have done nothing to cause this. That being said, it had to be the hardest decision to make, but you were right to do it. You couldn't risk Brutus going after one of your children. <hugs> to you all.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads