New English puppy

Brie0099

Jul 24, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
I just got my girl puppy today who is 9 weeks old. Is it too soon to take her to meet other people (not other dogs or pets) just people? She will be getting her 3rd shots in a couple days. Any suggestions? She's already met my family.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
:welcome4:
Welcome to EBN Gypsy and Brie. Jewel and Bentley say hello.

Please peruse the site as you will find many articles and stories that may answer questions you might have. If you still have questions, by all means post it the forum and someone will chime in and respond. You are never alone here at the forum.

Again welcome. --rj

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I just got my girl puppy today who is 9 weeks old. Is it too soon to take her to meet other people (not other dogs or pets) just people? She will be getting her 3rd shots in a couple days. Any suggestions? She's already met my family.

Hi there and welcome!! Joey was 9 weeks old too when she came into my life. I had NEVER had an EBD and it had been quite some time since I had a puppy. Anyway, I'm still new at being a bulldog Mama, BUT our vet said to limit trips, etc. until she had all of her shots. I don't know if humans with dogs that are not vaccinated or are sick could pass anything to the new pup BUT I just followed what the vet said and gave Joey a very quiet first few weeks until her shots were all done. Hope this helps and cannot wait to see photos of Gypsy!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN

I would limit any introductions until after she gets all her shots -- usually around 14-16 weeks.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new baby

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online