Tangersmom

Jul 11, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Tanger
hi everyone - new here and have a 3mo old bully. ( my brother is on his 3rd bully so familiar with breed) I just started to switch his food from Purina Pro plan focus puppy to the Berkley and Jenson (BJ's brand). I had read dogfoodadvisor and was not thrilled with reviews for Purina. Its been a little over a week and I have been gradually switching but my poor baby has loose stools. After reading some threads, I may be overfeeding him? He was eating 3x day as I read on some other bulldog sites to feed 3x and vet said it was ok since he was growing :/ I am gong to try to cut back and see if that helps. anyone has suggestions? he goes to vet in 3 wks for his 2 round of immunizations. And he is teething bad!!!
any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome....

How much in each feeding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
:welcome2: to EBN!

I don't have any advice really... could be overfeeding, or the food switching, or a bug, or the teething:unsure: Hope his poopies comes right<3

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Is the new brand grain free and designed for puppies? Sometimes it can take a while to adjust to a new food. I agree to try and cut back to 2 times a day and see if that helps.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Welcome to EBN. Jewel and Bentley say hello.

You might try pure pumpkin puree (i.e. not the pumpkin pie filling as it has spices in it). A tablespoon with his kibble.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
:welcome3:

I agree with gang here, cut back on the amount, and as Roger mentioned add 1TBSP of Pure Pumpkin once a day, in the kibble or like Ellie who just eats hers right off the spoon.

Keep us posted!!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Welcome!! I looked at Berkley and Jensen's ingredients. It looks like a good food. The only couple of things I noticed is the lack of probiotics and chelated minerals. Non-chelated minerals don't absorb as well, but are still beneficial. Perhaps if you add some probiotics to the food it will help with digestion and ease the diarrhea.

wcflanagan

Jul 24, 2016
Katy/Fulshear Area, TX
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Major Flanagan
[MENTION=16104]Tangersmom[/MENTION], We just got an EB puppy a few weeks ago. He'll be 14 weeks on Tuesday. I was in the exact same spot as you were, except with the addition of uncontrollable salivation (i.e if he slept on my chest, after two hours my entire shirt was soaked). The loose stool and excessive salivation turned out to be teething related, if that helps at all...

Wes

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.