Hi newbie here...

TheBully

Jul 10, 2016
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet....
Hi everyone.

My name is Neil and ive just joined the forum.

You will be seeing me on here asking questions about bullys as after many years of waiting, we are nearly in a position to finally welcome our very own first bulldog.

The reason I joined is to get more of an idea of what bullys are like to own from actual owners rather than google! We are of the mindset that we need to know as much as possible so that we know the bully is right for us, as much as we are for him/her!

Neil

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Welcome Neil! So glad you're here! Search the forums, ask questions, interact with members... there's a wealth of information here and the members are caring, sympathetic, and very knowledgeable! So happy to hear that you're doing the research before you bring your baby home. They're the best breed to have, IMO, more like people than dogs!
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing pics of your baby when the time comes! Blessings, Susan and Jersey

:welcome3:

Hi everyone.

My name is Neil and ive just joined the forum.

You will be seeing me on here asking questions about bullys as after many years of waiting, we are nearly in a position to finally welcome our very own first bulldog.

The reason I joined is to get more of an idea of what bullys are like to own from actual owners rather than google! We are of the mindset that we need to know as much as possible so that we know the bully is right for us, as much as we are for him/her!

Neil

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome and you came to the right place. I can't wait to see your new pup.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!!

Ask away -- we are all here to help

OP
T

TheBully

Jul 10, 2016
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet....
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

My first question is...what sex is more suitable for us.

We have 2 boys, 4 and 7 years old. Me and my mrs. One owner told me that a girl bully will be less excitable and more calm around my two boys (who at present are very wary of dogs yet love them)

So is there a distinct difference with a boy or girl dog in the activeness?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16098]TheBully[/MENTION] I have always had female dogs-4 or 5 at a time. My female ebd's are pretty excitable but they don't get to see people much at all. I had 5 males(all of whom were castrated-not bullies) and they were much calmer. I would guess that a neutered male(when old enough) might be the best. BUT alot depends on how your children are with the dog =if the children are wild,the dog will be wild. No tug of war,when the pup is learning,no wild and crazy stuff! Pups will be nipping and biting until they lose their puppy teeth. You will have to be repetitive about teaching them not to bite. It will get discouraging,but don't give up! The children can play with the dog-and they must also teach the dog not to bite-sticking something in it's mouth that is for biting on-such as a nylabone.
When it comes down to it-I guess I believe that it's all in the common sense and training that the family contributes! Spay and neuter is also a help.
That's just my opinion,and there may be opposing thoughts!:rolleyes:

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Welcome! I have 2 girls that are 5 and almost 2 and we got a girl. She is AMAZING with the kids but NOT calm at all lol. I was thinking oh bulldogs would but fat and lazy.. nope! I really think it's a personality thing. She also had some attitude with my existing dogs (but if yours is an only that won't be a problem, just socialize well for public). My girls is so gentle with my kids, they lay all over her and she could care less. She just turned a year in May.

Ryan laying on Biscuit.jpg

My advice, get a GOOD breeder. Ask about the temperaments of the parents and maybe even Gparents. Where are you located?

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

My first question is...what sex is more suitable for us.

We have 2 boys, 4 and 7 years old. Me and my mrs. One owner told me that a girl bully will be less excitable and more calm around my two boys (who at present are very wary of dogs yet love them)

So is there a distinct difference with a boy or girl dog in the activeness?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with the gang.... Gender has nothing to do with it --- breeding, temperment and training has everything to do with it.

My girl was full of energy and LOVED children..we worked hard with her to ensure she knew how to behave with them--- she was a gem with kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Agree with the gang.... Gender has nothing to do with it --- breeding, temperment and training has everything to do with it.

My girl was full of energy and LOVED children..we worked hard with her to ensure she knew how to behave with them--- she was a gem with kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! I agree. Do your research! Learn about the breeder, meet the parents, observe the puppies, and select the puppy that has the characteristics you want in a dog.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.