Hi everyone. New bulldog owner in need of advice

Johnt83

Jul 8, 2016
Country
Enhland
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
Hi everyone. I bought Milly, (my bulldog) about 3 months ago. She was 12 weeks old and I saw her at the owners house with Millys mother there. They said they used a stud to father her so couldn't view him. I got kennel club papers and she was micro chipped. All seemed above board. But, I'm having some concearns about how she is developing. She seems to me like she is getting too tall. Getting a bit worried that I have been blagged and she is a boxer/bully cross. She was only born at the end of Feb so I'm hoping she's gonna fill out a bit and I'm just being paranoid lol. Would be grateful for Any advice or help. Cheers

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello [MENTION=16090]Johnt83[/MENTION] :welcome4: You say you have her papers-you can look up the sire,and see what he looks like. I have two English Bulldogs,who are full sisters, AKC registered,but from another litter. One of them is much longer legged than the other. It is also hard to tell when they are babies because they grow at different rates!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Some bulldogs are taller than others, it takes about a year for them to reach their height and at about three years to fill out. I would assume that the papers state English Bulldog not Olde English Bulldog... the Olde English are much taller.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Bulldogs develope in a different rate, but if you want to be 100% sure, you can always do a gene test. I have tested my bullies for other things at VetGen. Just google "Breed Identification Tests" and you can order a test to do at your home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome John!

As other have stated, it takes up to 3 years for full development. And, many go through a stage where they can have a boxer look to them -- our girl did, she was I think about 6-8 months, long legs and snout -- then one day she was all bulldog.

Can you post some pictures of her?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Bullies tend to grow up the first year, out the second year with their heads continuing to grow until the 3rd year.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.