Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Lola is watching from above and saying "don't cry Mama,You gave me the best life I could have,and I have no pain, and no more seizures-I am free and I miss you,but I am happy, and want that for you"

I had a German Shepherd,who had very bad seizures.She too passed away,on the same night my husband did. He was the one who picked her out of the litter.I felt like she wanted to go with her Daddy,but it was a very difficult time. I am still here,but my heart has many scars,from many losses.
It will take time for you,and don't let anyway scoff at your grieving and sadness-many people just don't "get it". WE ALL do! Talk to us when you need to.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Shannon, I am so very very sorry for your loss!! I pray that Juno provides comfort to your broken heart. Keep talking about, keep sharing about Lola Bean!! I hope that when you are ready that you will share photos and stories with us, I would LOVE to know her better. Peace friend!!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking enough to lose them but when they go suddenly and too soon, it is even more devastating. I felt the same after we lost our pug, Rex, unexpectedly at the age of 2. He was so perfect and so amazing, I was so depressed and couldn't look at any of his pictures. Over time, it became a bit more bearable to look at his pictures and smile at the memories but it took a long grieving period. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time and I hope that Juno can help with your healing and give you comfort.

OP
sdefilippo

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
Thank you all so much. I made it through the work day and your kind words helped more than you know! When I got home, there was Juno, happy and loving. She made me so happy. I think I will be okay and she will be a perfect fit for our home. I only wish Lola was able to meet her.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Shannon I am so very sorry for your loss, it is a very tough time to get through after I lost my pugs i said I will never have another to go through the grief again but after seven years we got FTSE best thing we ever did but I dread the day that we no longer have him as it seems our bullies don't seem to have a long life and as we love and treat them like our kids it the same as losing a child and others that don't feel this way don't understand.

Sending :hug: to you and Juno.

RIP sweet Lola

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I love this text and it's what you've done for Juno in Lola's honor<3

A Dog's Last Will and Testament

Before humans die, they write their last Will & Testament, and give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask....
To a poor and lonely stray I'd give my happy home, my bowl, cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys. The lap which I loved so much, the hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice which spoke my name.

I'd will to the sad scared shelter dog the place I had in my human's heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So when I die please do not say, "I will never have a dog again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand." Instead go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope and give MY place to her.

This is the only thing I can give...the love I left behind.

smiffies

Jul 6, 2016
Country
Cyprus
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hello,we have just registered because we have recently taken on a bulldog named Lola, she is 20 months old and we need some general advice on English Bulldogs, we live in Cyprus.

We lost our old dog at Christmas so fully understand what you're going through, so sorry for your loss.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, I am so sorry about Lola...hang in there, it gets better slowly. One day you will remember her life with laughter and smiles!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I could not even imagine how you are feeling about Lola. I too have an English Bulldog with severe epilepsy. Vegas was only a baby when he was diagnosed at 10 months old. I thought he was going to die before his first birthday. 8 years later... he is still with us. I don't know how or why... but I feel I'm a very lucky mom to still have this boy in my life. Epilepsy is a dangerous and very serious disease for a bulldog. Vegas has a grand mal seizure every 3 weeks or so. Recently he had 3 in one morning and I couldn't do anything about it because I wasn't even home. I have a camera on him during the day and the movement of the seizure sent a notification to my phone. Watching him suffer while I was so far away is torture no one will ever understand.

I not only love my bulldog.... I'm in love with him too. Everything I do in a single day revolves around him, concerns him or I'm thinking about him. I have thousands and thousands of photos of him and I take more every day. I have a greeting card line that features him and his sister. I have a youtube channel with hundreds of videos of him and his little sister. He's appeared on the news and even on AFV. In fact, there is a facebook compilation of bulldogs that has gone viral with him in it. People have shared and reshared his video and I often find it on animal FB pages... with millions of views. He is my life, my first bulldog and I will never be able to recover when he passes.
At least that is how I feel now.
But I know in time the pain will lessen. The hurt will heal. The tears will stop. But the memories never will.

I send my deepest condolences for your sweet Lola.

And dang nabbit [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION]! You had me sobbing with that sweet Last Will and Testament.

IMG_11271.jpg

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
And dang nabbit @Petra! You had me sobbing with that sweet Last Will and Testament.

Aww:heart: as sad as it is, I love it. It reminds me that grief is for the living and that anyone who's passed has complete peace. I struggled reading your post through the tears in my eyes, Vegas is one lucky little boy having your love:hug:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Aww:heart: as sad as it is, I love it. It reminds me that grief is for the living and that anyone who's passed has complete peace. I struggled reading your post through the tears in my eyes, Vegas is one lucky little boy having your love:hug:

You are very wise and your words are very true. It's trying to believe that those words are true that have those left behind struggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for your loss. It is never easy loosing one if our fur-babies, as they are part of our family. We are here for you, and will lend an ear anytime you want to talk. :(

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thank you all so much. I made it through the work day and your kind words helped more than you know! When I got home, there was Juno, happy and loving. She made me so happy. I think I will be okay and she will be a perfect fit for our home. I only wish Lola was able to meet her.

Shannon, I honestly believe Lola has met her! She is probably helping Juno help you through this. You're going to think I'm nuts, I'm sure, but I felt that my beloved Trixie brought Mabel to us because she knew how devastated we were by her death. I still feel my big beautiful girl with me. Lola will always be with you, watching over and loving you. And she's going to be there to greet you at the bridge someday where you will have a joyous reunion! :angelheart:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So sorry about your loss - and welcome to EBN. This is a great community indeed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online