sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
Hello. I just joined. I just lost my 4 year old beautiful baby girl, Lola, on July 1st to severe epilepsy. I have not been able to stop crying, especially at night. Lola was my love, my life and a part of my soul. I truly feel I lost a part of myself that day. It was a completely unexpected loss. Everything I do and everything in my day was touched by her. Everything reminds me of her. I am having a very hard time coping and I pray it will get better someday. Right now I am in an extreme depression and in shock. I am waiting to wake up from my nightmare. I miss my sweet Lola Bean more than words could ever possibly describe. I am hoping to make friends and find help and support to get through it absolutely horrible time.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hi Shannon, I'm so so sorry for your loss. Bulldogs are truly special and touches our hearts in ways we don't expect. Many people here share your sadness and has gone through losing a bulldog, I hope you can find comfort here on EBN, we all love our bulldogs<3

Grief is ever changing and we all handle it differently but you will feel better in time.

Hugs to you and Welcome to EBN<3

Rest in Peace Sweet Lola

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Welcome to EBN Shannon! So sorry to hear about Lola. When the time is right for you and your family I hope you find another bully to love

Alpha1

Nov 18, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Zik
So sorry to hear about Lola. It is hard going through what you are going through. :sorry:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So sorry for your lost. You have joined the right group as a few recently lost their precious bullies unexpectedly just like you. You will never forget, you will continue on like these members did :yes:. Right now you might not see it but you will be fine. You'll always have Lola in you heart so no matter what she will always be with you. Mourning is normal and Lola wouldn't want you to stay in pain, she will guide you so you move on. We are all hear for you :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello. I just joined. I just lost my 4 year old beautiful baby girl, Lola, on July 1st to severe epilepsy. I have not been able to stop crying, especially at night. Lola was my love, my life and a part of my soul. I truly feel I lost a part of myself that day. It was a completely unexpected loss. Everything I do and everything in my day was touched by her. Everything reminds me of her. I am having a very hard time coping and I pray it will get better someday. Right now I am in an extreme depression and in shock. I am waiting to wake up from my nightmare. I miss my sweet Lola Bean more than words could ever possibly describe. I am hoping to make friends and find help and support to get through it absolutely horrible time.

So good that you found us.... many of us have been where you are and feel your pain. So very sorry for such a sudden loss, they are incredibly painful because there is no warning or signs to prepare for 'that' day. I have a two losses like that and I can honestly tell you.... years pass but the loss is always there, but the memories become more and more warming to the heart. I also created a wonderful place in my garden for my babies which makes me smile every time I go out in our yard. Do something for you that will help you stay close to her ... she knows you love her and she will always, alwasy be in your heart. And, we also have their remains in a very nice urn on our mantel in the family room.

Rest in peace sweet Lola
:angelheart:

OP
sdefilippo

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
Thank you all for your kind words. I adopted a 1 year old bully who we named Juno. I had to get another one immediately. She is so different from Lola though. I really hoped it would help more than it does. I love her and she needed me, but she will never be my Lola.

My heart is so heavy. It's sometimes hard to breathe. I wish I could sleep the pain away. I really, really miss her. I cannot express enough how much my heart aches for her.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
No other bulldog will ever be able to replace Lola, but Juno will surely help you feel better in time and you'll love her just as much. Your loss is still very recent, time does heal even though it might not feel like it right now<3

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Shannon,

First of all my sincerest condolences on your loss... I have been there, several times unfortunately. It takes time to get over the initial shock, I cried for days on end... over anything honestly. Grief is extremely important... you need to take the time to deal w/your feeling, and most of all you need to be gentle w/yourself. SO many emotions wrap themselves up in grief, that sometimes it's hard to explain just how you feel in that moment and I want you to know that is extremely normal. Reach out to those that understand, and I'm going to be honest... EBN was there for me when I lost my babies. I can NOT put into words how the members held me up when I was ready to fall... we are here for you, and so many of us understand the depths of your pain.

I will promise you this... it will get better, and at some point you will be able to smile at precious memories of your baby. RIP Sweet Lola :angelheart:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi Shannon, Welcome to EBN. My heart breaks for you, and you have definitely found the right place here with us. We have all lost, and grieved together over our loved babies that have left before us. There is nothing that can be said or done to take away the pain. Time will slowly help ease it, just live through her memories, rejoice knowing that she was loved, and lived a good life with you. Its not goodbye forever, just see you later. One day we will all be reunited with our babies..... we are all here for you! Can't wait to hear what new adventures you have with Juno!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
:hiii::welcome: my condolences it is not fair to lose a loved one so quickly but at least we were fortunate to have loved than to not have loved at all. As you can see this is the right place to be with all the support, understanding and encouragement. Time is what is needed and time now with Juno for new memories and to remind you of the love shared with Lola. Look forward to reading your future posts and seeing a few pics of Juno and reading the adventures you both get into.
Ps my name is Ron and my boy is Chance a Frenglish half French half English - yeah he is a goof and a handful just turned 2 recently
IMG_6203.JPGThose skinny legs with the dog belong to my husband

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I feel your pain. I lost my first bulldog, my first love, at the age of five, just a couple of months ago and I cry a little every day. I had to make the toughest decision of my life to let him go. It's hard for me to even write this, but I have chosen to give the love that I had for him to a nw generation of bulldogs. I too recently bought not one, but two bulldog puppes and I love them now. It doesn't diminish my love for my Usko, but rather cherishes it. I still will be crying for my loss, but most of my days are filled with joy with these new babies. I even see some similarities with Usko and my new boy Taisto. Your love for Juno will grow and maybe one day you can think of Lola without tears like I can think of Usko.

OP
sdefilippo

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
It is my first day back to work today, and this place reminds me of Thursday when I received the unexpected phone call from the vet. I have been feeling like throwing up all day, but reading these posts has made me feel SO much better. Thank you all so much for your support, prayers and words! Someday I will post a picture of my Lola Bean. Right now it is too painful and I had to remove all of her belongings and pictures from my house, work and even cell phone. I hope someday I can look at them again and smile.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
There's a memorial forum here on EBN where members post the most beautiful tributes to their lost bulldogs, I hope someday you'll feel strong enough to post there about Lola so we can all get to know her a little:heart:

Hugs to you and Juno, take one day at a time:hug:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
So sorry to hear of the loss of Lola. It's never easy to lose a beloved member of the family. I'm sending you lots of hugs and prayers.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.