Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Member

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Member

I could not even imagine how you are feeling about Lola. I too have an English Bulldog with severe epilepsy. Vegas was only a baby when he was diagnosed at 10 months old. I thought he was going to die before his first birthday. 8 years later... he is still with us. I don't know how or why... but I feel I'm a very lucky mom to still have this boy in my life. Epilepsy is a dangerous and very serious disease for a bulldog. Vegas has a grand mal seizure every 3 weeks or so. Recently he had 3 in one morning and I couldn't do anything about it because I wasn't even home. I have a camera on him during the day and the movement of the seizure sent a notification to my phone. Watching him suffer while I was so far away is torture no one will ever understand.

I not only love my bulldog.... I'm in love with him too. Everything I do in a single day revolves around him, concerns him or I'm thinking about him. I have thousands and thousands of photos of him and I take more every day. I have a greeting card line that features him and his sister. I have a youtube channel with hundreds of videos of him and his little sister. He's appeared on the news and even on AFV. In fact, there is a facebook compilation of bulldogs that has gone viral with him in it. People have shared and reshared his video and I often find it on animal FB pages... with millions of views. He is my life, my first bulldog and I will never be able to recover when he passes.
    At least that is how I feel now.
    But I know in time the pain will lessen. The hurt will heal. The tears will stop. But the memories never will.

I send my deepest condolences for your sweet Lola.

And dang nabbit @Petra! You had me sobbing with that sweet Last Will and Testament.

-img_11271-jpg

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    And dang nabbit @Petra! You had me sobbing with that sweet Last Will and Testament.
    Aww as sad as it is, I love it. It reminds me that grief is for the living and that anyone who's passed has complete peace. I struggled reading your post through the tears in my eyes, Vegas is one lucky little boy having your love
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

3. Likes 2BullyMama, schimpfy liked this post
    Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Aww as sad as it is, I love it. It reminds me that grief is for the living and that anyone who's passed has complete peace. I struggled reading your post through the tears in my eyes, Vegas is one lucky little boy having your love
    You are very wise and your words are very true. It's trying to believe that those words are true that have those left behind struggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for your loss. It is never easy loosing one if our fur-babies, as they are part of our family. We are here for you, and will lend an ear anytime you want to talk.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

6. Likes MacAttack liked this post
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sdefilippo View Post
    Thank you all so much. I made it through the work day and your kind words helped more than you know! When I got home, there was Juno, happy and loving. She made me so happy. I think I will be okay and she will be a perfect fit for our home. I only wish Lola was able to meet her.
    Shannon, I honestly believe Lola has met her! She is probably helping Juno help you through this. You're going to think I'm nuts, I'm sure, but I felt that my beloved Trixie brought Mabel to us because she knew how devastated we were by her death. I still feel my big beautiful girl with me. Lola will always be with you, watching over and loving you. And she's going to be there to greet you at the bridge someday where you will have a joyous reunion!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

8. Likes schimpfy, 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

So sorry about your loss - and welcome to EBN. This is a great community indeed.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

10. Likes schimpfy liked this post
    The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    You are very wise and your words are very true. It's trying to believe that those words are true that have those left behind struggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    okay you both have me in tears so loving and Cheryl we will all be lost without Vegas you both are incredible parents

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rousey
    Likes (Received)

So very sorry to hear of your loss. Our babies are family and it is so difficult to grieve their loss. Thoughts and prayers to you from our family.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sdefilippo View Post
    Thank you all for your kind words. I adopted a 1 year old bully who we named Juno. I had to get another one immediately. She is so different from Lola though. I really hoped it would help more than it does. I love her and she needed me, but she will never be my Lola.

My heart is so heavy. It's sometimes hard to breathe. I wish I could sleep the pain away. I really, really miss her. I cannot express enough how much my heart aches for her.

Thank you for giving a loving, forever home to a bulldog needing one.
    Because you're human and grieving hard, it may take a 'lil longer to
    bond with Juno. Not to worry, it will happen...one day, you'll realize, it
    has happened, just like that!

Grieving is a sacred act of deepest love that we do to honor our beloved.
    Do not fear it, Honey but embrace it, it is a journey that is unavoidable.
    You will not lose yourself nor be destroyed by it. Lola rests in peace and
    is completely restored in God's Heaven. I believe we reunite with our loved
    ones.

Be kind, gentle & understanding of yourself as you would any loved one
    going thru a difficult time. Your heart is wounded and losing your beloved
    Lola IS unbearable, it physically hurts! Longing for her presence rips that
    wound open anew, it feels as if it will never end. There will come a time, the
    pain eases, we adapt...never forgetting or loving less, just continue living as
    we are designed to do so.

Welcome to EBN, we know how terrible is your loss of Lola, how strange it all
    is right now, nothing normal or good enough and you can't imagine feeling
    better but you will and we will help you thru these awful days & nights. So will
    Juno...NO...she's not Lola and in time, you'll love her for herself and enjoy what
    she brings into your life. May God bring comfort, strength & peace into your heart
    and soon, enjoying life and open fully your heart to Juno. I lift you in prayer to
    Jesus, the Man of Sorrows, who lived & felt it all, as we do in our mortality & flesh.
    Please, cry out to Him, rest in His Love of you, let Him bind your wounds then lay
    them at His feet. Jesus captures every tear, they are sacred to Him...you are His
    Beloved, Shannon and Lola awaits you, running in perfect contentment by His side
    as she does so. Walk your journey, find your laughter & joy again (it will come) and
    let your heart heal...love is never lost only added to...be well again soon, Shannon.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

15. Likes 2BullyMama, sdefilippo liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads