New Puppy Has Our Bully Stressed

Chanelle13

Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Romulan & Roscoe
Hello! We recently got a new english bulldog puppy. Same mom and dad as our boy Romulan and he was doing fine at first and now i think he is stressed out/ jealous.. he has been acting strange lately and seems very sad. I also think he may be constipated now as well ( could be due to stress?) does anyone have any tips? we have been giving him LOTS of love everyday. Please help!!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I don't think it's uncommon, bulldogs are super sensitive. When we got Bennie Boeboe wouldn't even look at me, she sat in a corner staring into the wall:mellow: She'd do that on and off for days... but eventually she came around:)

We used to take them for short walks together, that might help...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Extremely common… I have introduced many pups over the years to older dogs, and here are a few tips. Make sure to spend alone time w/your older dog during the day, go for a private walk or tug-of-war… whatever they seem to enjoy the most. It very well could be jealousy because new pups DO take up most of your attention these days. Give you older dog a break, put the pup in a crate for some "time-out" especially if they are inappropriately behaving such as biting… I also crated my puppy's at night and let the older dog run the roost so to speak. It's important to have them do some activities together because that's how they bond, and this is also how your puppy will learn certain behaviors are acceptable in the house. Taking very short walks on the leash, and doing some early training will help them bond and hopefully keep the peace in your house. Keep us posted and good luck!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great advice given!

You can also add a little pure pumpkin to food that well help with the constipation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.