Bullymom112013

May 31, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sabrina Rose
Hi, new bully mom here. Our girl is 3 and was rescued. She's had a tough life. She is finally starting to enjoy having a real family. She is the sweetest thing on the planet. My problem is that while we live in a mostly quiet subdivision we have horrible neighbors that keep threatning her and telling people she bites. They have never interacted with her. We put up surveillance cameras today and I'm really pushing for my husband to put up a fence. She is never outside alone or not on her leash
They act as if she's a blood thirsty beast. She barely has teeth. They are little nubs and she has never growled or even barked at anyone. She just sits and smiles...I just don't know how to handle this situation. Also I'm 5 months pregnant and my girl is very clingy to me. Is this normal? She is always smelling my belly and laying her head on it too. I love this little girl so much. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Attachments

• 20160516_193920.jpg
    20160516_193920.jpg
    644.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 20160528_190256.jpg
    20160528_190256.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 133

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Well you have done everything you can with the camera,s good job , I would put a fence up. Sounds like there either just plain old stupid or scared of dogs .
Ya that sounds normal for a dog to notice change in the one she loves not just Bulldogs and it is wonderful .
You might want that fence in a year or so when your child starts moving around never know how those Aholes will react to the child . was just a thought .

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Welcome to EBN Sabrina Rose and Mom and thank you for taking this little girl into your home. Jewel and Bentley say hello.

It is not uncommon for your little girl to follow you around. My Jewel and Bentley did the same thing because bullies like to be where people are. And right now you are Sabrina Rose's comfort blanket.

You are never alone here on EBN. If you have a question, comment, suggestion, laugh, and/or vent...someone is always here to chime in on your posts. Please peruse this site and read the articles, threads and posts, and many of your questions that you may have will be answered.

Again, welcome to the site. --rj

OP
B

Bullymom112013

May 31, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sabrina Rose
We have two kids already but my husband is weird about fences. They are just jerks. They have a husky that is always chained up and does nothing but whine. Sabrina was abused and basically lived in a crate her whole life. She was unwanted by her owners because she was unable to become pregnant. Yet she is so gentle and loving. She loves kids. She's already like my 3rd kid so I telk everyone this is our 4th lol!. Thanks for the replies.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awwww, what a beautiful girl & thank you for rescuing her!

Congratulations on your new baby coming soon, that is wonderful.
Are your children excited to be big brother or big sister? I was the
oldest of four & treated them like my own live baby dolls, lol

Bulldogs are very clingy & especially if they've never had love or care.
Sometimes, hard for them to adjust but they do, my 1st was neglected
& had been passed around a lot, crated & ignored, he didn't know how
to be a dog, play with toys, play with me but like your Sabrina Rose, was
so very sweet & loving, just a great dog in every way!

Welcome to EBN, please jump right in here & post with us :)

OP
B

Bullymom112013

May 31, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sabrina Rose
They are super excited. Sabrina is getting use to my 3 year old and sometimes looks at me like "why is this tiny human so annoying?" But whenever my daughter falls she is right there to check on her. So I'm really interested to see how she'll do with the new baby! Sabrina loves stuffed animals too and uses them for comfort (she has her own doggy ones) She is starting to come.out of her shell which I'm gratefull for. She use to walk with head down but that's starting to change.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Bulldogs are extremely needy (as you will soon find out… Lol) they just love their families, and want to be with their pack. I want to Thank YOU for adopting her, sounds like her previous situation was horrible. Your neighbors sound like idiots to me, SO many people put all "bull-dogs" into this aggressive category which could not be further from the truth. You should invite your neighbors over to meet her, or if you avoid them I would put up a fence or at least make sure she is not outside unattended. Bulldogs are brach breeds, so they breathe loudly and sometimes people (and other dogs) take this as aggressive behavior. Maybe you should google bulldog info on your computer and make a print out for you uninformed neighbors… Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!!

thank you so much for giving Sabrina a brand new loving home..... as others have stated, bulldogs love to be wherever their human is, they are little shadows and are referred to as 'Velcro-dogs'. As for the neighbors... get a nice privacy the fence up!

OP
B

Bullymom112013

May 31, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sabrina Rose
Thanks for all the advice. I think they are just jerks. All she does is smile. They aren't even close enough to hear her breathe. I think I will try to convince my husband to put up a privacy fence.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome3:to EBN! Thank you for adopting that beautiful girl! Be careful of those crazy neighbors. They would be just the type to do harm,or throw something in your yard to poison the dog. There is an old saying that is based in truth "Good fences make for good neighbors". Best wishes for you and all of your "kids!"

OP
B

Bullymom112013

May 31, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sabrina Rose
I think I may have him convinced to at least put a privacy up in the area where they can see into the backyard and then the rest chain link so Sabrina has can't get out.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
:welcome3:to EBN! Thank you for adopting that beautiful girl! Be careful of those crazy neighbors. They would be just the type to do harm,or throw something in your yard to poison the dog. There is an old saying that is based in truth "Good fences make for good neighbors". Best wishes for you and all of your "kids!"

Wow Lynn. Robert Frost...Mending Fences

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome to the site, and BLESS YOU for taking in such a sweet girl and showing her love. Bullies love their humans for sure, so she will likely be glued to your hip always. LOL Can't wait to see more pics! Love her painted nails ;)

OP
B

Bullymom112013

May 31, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sabrina Rose
Haha thank you! Totally forgot they were painted in that picture! It's actually a doggy nail polish pen. 100% safe for dogs. She loves when I pamper her.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
God Bless You for Adopting this Precious One, she is a Beauty, a fence would be the best thing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online