Please Pray for our Old English Bulldog "Sheba"

Sheba

May 28, 2016
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheba
Please Pray for our Old English Bulldog Sheba

Our old English bulldog "Sheba" had a bit of a heat stroke along with getting choked up on a raw hide yesterday. She started to throw up and had trouble breathing. She went into respiratory distress and had to rush her to the Medvet animal hospital here in Lexington Ky. They sedated her and she is on a breathing tube and they just got through with preforming surgery to better open up her airway. They shortened her soft pallet and also opened up her nasal pathways. She also has Ammonia from trying to breathe while throwing up. They currently have a care plan for her. Please keep her in your prayers. We have started a Go Fund Me page to help with the expenses. Any donation at all will greatly be appreciated. Even if its just a dollar. We are struggling finically to pay for her hospital bill. Please spread the word if you can. On the page you will find loving pictures of Sheba.
Thank you for any and all Support. God Bless.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Re: Please Pray for our Old English Bulldog "Sheba"

Will be praying for Sheba's complete recovery and for y'all.

Wishing you great success with your funding efforts as well.

What a beautiful girl Sheba is <3

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

Praying for a smooth recovery, for this little lady!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sheba

May 28, 2016
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheba

Thank You So Very Much.

OP
S

Sheba

May 28, 2016
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheba

Thank you so much.

OP
S

Sheba

May 28, 2016
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheba

Sheba is doing better. The doctors pulled the ventilator and got her to start breathing on her own. They are keeping a close eye on her to record her progress. We will be going to see her soon. I greatly appreciate all the prayers for Sheba and please continue to pray through her recovery.

OP
S

Sheba

May 28, 2016
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheba

We just stopped by and saw Sheba. She is improving slowly but surely. She is breathing on her own and moving around. She is vary tired and worn out though with everything she has been through in the past 24 hours. She will be spending the weekend at the vet until the doctor clears her to come home. Please continue to pray and if you could check out the go fund me page and "like" it. It would be greatly appreciated. We are asking for everyone to share on Social medias well to not only help with Sheba's medical expense but to also get the word out there and raise concerns about Heat stroke precautions with our beloved breed. Thank you very much for taking the time to read. God Bless

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry to hear about your bully, and glad things are looking better. Hope she gets to come home soon. You are correct, Heat stroke is a very serious condition and people need to be careful to prevent it, because it is very preventable. Plus DO NOT give bullies rawhide, pig ears, bully sticks or any chew toy of that nature. Even ropes can be deadly to a bully. Please keep us posted on her condition.

OP
S

Sheba

May 28, 2016
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheba
The Vet released Sheba this morning. They are very impressed with how well she is doing after everything she has been through. We finally have her here back at home with us now. She is getting some much needed rest now but has been occasionally moving around well. Thanks for everyone's prayers. They truly have made a difference.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
So pleased to hear she is doing better! What a relief for you all. Totally agree with Davidh and you are right, you have to be so careful with these short nosed breeds. I personally think rawhides should be banned. Before I knew any better we gave one to our American Bulldog (this was years ago) and she choked on it. It was very scary and they have been banned in our house ever since.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm glad she is doing better. I'm also glad you joined EBN.... there is so much information here to learn. There is new stuff everyday. Rawhides are absolutely the worst thing for bulldogs to have. Before I found EBN, I let my bulldog have one of those rawhide pieces. He chewed and chewed on it until it was soft and then tried to swallow the whole thing. I was lucky enough to be there when he attempted this and was able to pull the entire thing from his throat. Never again. Once I found EBN, I discovered that they are a choking hazard and have caused many bulldogs to die.

I would have never know the seriousness of warm days without EBN either. We live in Washington state where the temperature is always mild. The guy who started those kool collars is from the Pacific Northwest.... I believe it was Oregon. Anyways, he started this company because after just a few minutes of play time outdoors, he lost both his dogs to heatstroke. I believe they were bulldogs.

Like David said....it is such a serious thing. People don't realize how easy they overheat. I have to pull one of my bulldogs from in front of the window on sunny days. She loves the sun and she will lay in front of the glass door soaking it up. Not long after, she is panting like crazy.

I hope she continues to get better and I hope you find EBN a great place to hang out and share stories, photos and to ask questions and to share your advice and experiences.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Wonderful News about Sheba, so Glad she is going to be ok. Raw Hide Chews are a NO NO so Dangerous.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online