Hi from Hattie and I

Jewelpop

Dec 14, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hattie Pearl
Hello. Miss Hattie Pearl and I are just now getting around to saying hello. We've been lurking since she was adopted in November. Just want to say a big "thank you" as this site has been invaluable to us! I'm a new bully parent and a first-time dog owner as well, but I feel like I went from rookie to expert in under 60 secs with all your info here! :bow: Thanks everyone! :flower:

Edit: I suppose I should add a little to that. I got Hattie from the Houston English Bulldog Rescue. She was brought to them after someone spotted her being dumped from a trunk on the surveillance cameras outside their house. The rescue estimated her to be about 3 years old. She is the sweetest girl in the whole world and is so obedient. She came to me pretty much perfect. :happy: She did have some fearfulness (people carrying large items, garbage cans being pushed down the sidewalk, going through doorways into new places, the tile floor in our bathroom, the scale at the vet's, the list goes on. Haha.). She would "pancake" on the floor - totally flatten, limbs sprawled - when she was scared. However, she adjusted little by little and it really only took 3 or 4 months for her to get her confidence up and all of that was eradicated. She still gets a little nervous sometimes with "scary" situations (vet, bath, ELEVATORS) but we're always able to push through it. It kills me not knowing her background. I have a hundred million and one questions for her. The most puzzling thing of all is how she ended up like she did. Not that any dog ever ever deserves to be abandoned like that, but she is honestly a model dog. [I'm a Pet Sitter for a living and I can say, without bias, she is more well-behaved than 98% of my dog-clients.] So, yeah, I got lucky. :) Anyway, that's us. Thanks for reading and we're so glad to be here! :D

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Welcome to a fellow Houstonion! There are several of us on here, I am in the Champions area. Your girl sounds like a real sweetie and she is lucky to have you. This is a great place for any questions you may have and if you need a good bully vet recommendation, we can do that too!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Welcome to you and Miss Hattie Pearl!!! I would LOVE to see more photos of you sweet girl! I'm new bully Mama too and this site was PRICELESS in my education :) Enjoy!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much for adopting her and giving her a great new home!!

:welcome3: to EBN!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome!!! To you and Miss Hattie, I'm another fellow Houstonian too! We're in Katy actually ;) Can't wait to see pics of your sweet girl! And bless you for rescuing & loving this sweet baby, she deserves it and more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Sometimes some things are just meant to be, oh and :welcome: so glad you decided to join in miss HP sounds like she has her furever home may you both be blessed. Look forward to your future posts and of course more pics - have fun :yes:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Welcome to you and Miss Hattie! LOL there is an old bordello in San Angelo, TX that is called Miss Hattie's! I can't wait to see pictures of your very lucky girl! :EBNwelcome:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
:hiii::nice2meetu::welcome:

Newbie to expert eh? You did your homework! :coolthumb:

You did a good deed rescuing Miss Hattie. Dump from a trunk :( Yup, it was Sure meant to be. :)

We're all here to help each other as much as we can and know.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.