NEWB FROM HOUSTON

wayno

Apr 25, 2016
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
brewster
Hello everyone

My name is Dwayne and I have a fat ball of terror named Brewster (aka fat butt). He is 3 years I have had him since he was 3 months old. He is a wild child and hasn't slowed down one bit,wide open throttle from sun up to sundown,since day one. He is stubborn, he is in everybodys business but his own,goofy and loves his belly rubbed. he is just over all happy boy.

Well,he has been to the same vet since I got him and I'm just not getting that comfortable feeling anymore. don't think she is very experienced with many bulldogs.

He was diagnosed with entropion late last year. Now that Fat Butt and I aren't traveling for a few months its time to get the surgery done. I hate to sedate him it just makes me very nervous.

I'm looking for a great bulldog vet around Houston, that has experience with this surgery and can keep him healthy and happy.

Any one from Houston have any recommedations ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN ..... would love to see some pictures of 'Fat Butt' !

We have MANY Houston members and I will tag them for the vet advice, but if my memory is right -- I think it is Brittmore.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Welcome to EBN Brewster Baby and Dwayne. Bentley and Jewel say hello.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] has you covered on your request as we have many Houstonians in the forum.

Please peruse the site as there are many bulldog subjects, articles, blogs, etc. and sometimes their owners. You are never alone here at the site and there is no question that is stupid...but Forest Gump says "Stupid is as stupid does."

Again welcome to the site. --rj

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hello everyone

My name is Dwayne and I have a fat ball of terror named Brewster (aka fat butt). He is 3 years I have had him since he was 3 months old. He is a wild child and hasn't slowed down one bit,wide open throttle from sun up to sundown,since day one. He is stubborn, he is in everybodys business but his own,goofy and loves his belly rubbed. he is just over all happy boy.

Well,he has been to the same vet since I got him and I'm just not getting that comfortable feeling anymore. don't think she is very experienced with many bulldogs.

He was diagnosed with entropion late last year. Now that Fat Butt and I aren't traveling for a few months its time to get the surgery done. I hate to sedate him it just makes me very nervous.

I'm looking for a great bulldog vet around Houston, that has experience with this surgery and can keep him healthy and happy.

Any one from Houston have any recommedations ?

Hi Dwayne!

110% Brittmoore Animal hospital all the doctors there are great and they are extremely bulldog experienced chances are you will see at least one or two on any given visit there we personally see Dr. Chellappan (she owns a frenchie) primarily however we've also seen Dr. Dikeman Dr. Burbridge and Dr. Rieman. Dr. Dikeman is kind of dubbed the bulldog doctor but in all honesty all of them are very bulldog experienced.

Anyway they're obviously located off of Brittmoore basically right at I 10 and the beltway no matter where in Houston you are it's worth the trip even if it's a little distance. We are in Katy but we make the trip there for every and anything that Tyson needs!

Brittmoore Animal Hospital - Home

Again depending on where you are located I know there is also another very good bulldog vet in Sugarland I've never been there but I do know a few members that have!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Hi Dwayne, and welcome to you and Brewster! He sounds like a hoot!

Most of us here in Houston use Brittmoore Animal Hospital. They are fantastic. I see Dr Dikeman, for continuity really, as he was the first vet I saw there and I trust him completely. They are ALL good. It is near I-10 and the Beltway. I don't know where you are in Houston (hope you stayed dry last week) but it is well worth a drive regardless. I live north of 1960. Monty has had two surgeries there, nares and palate and surgery on his tail pocket. I love to go there as you almost always see a bully or two! I am sure others will say the same about them.

We need pictures to see your boy 'Fat butt'!!

Edited to add. It seems Jessica and I posted about the same time! No matter, you get the idea!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi Dwayne, and welcome to you and Brewster! He sounds like a hoot!

Most of us here in Houston use Brittmoore Animal Hospital. They are fantastic. I see Dr Dikeman, for continuity really, as he was the first vet I saw there and I trust him completely. They are ALL good. It is near I-10 and the Beltway. I don't know where you are in Houston (hope you stayed dry last week) but it is well worth a drive regardless. Monty has had two surgeries there, nares and palate and surgery on his tail pocket. I love to go there as you almost always see a bully or two! I am sure others will say the same about them.

We need pictures to see your boy 'Fat butt'!!

Edited to add. It seems Jessica and I posted about the same time! No matter, you get the idea!

Jinx!!! [emoji1][emoji51][emoji3]

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I concur with the other about Brittmoore Animal Hospital. We have been going to them since Harlea came home and have been very happy with them.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Dwayne. I don't have any experience with vets in Houston, as I live in Canada, but it seems Brittmore is the place to go. I just wanted to welcome you and Brewster to EBN. You'll love it on this site, and I hope to see more of you and Brewster on here. Please post some pics of your baby.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hi Dwayne and Brewster! Just wanna welcome you to the site. And ask for Brewster's pictures :D.
You seem to have failed to read the very fine prints when you sign up here in EBN. Pictures is a requirement here LOL. :pVery warm Welcome to EBN!

Jul 30, 2010
Country
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono
aQ9K7ST.jpg

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Send pictures of Precious Brewster, I know you will Love it here at EBN, Me and My Elmo Sure Do. Loving, Caring, and Knowledgeable People here with the Greatest and the Most Beautiful Bulldogs.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the family. We live in Katy, and as others have said. Brittmore Animal Hospital is the place for bullies. We use Dr. Dukeman, he is wonderful, and we trust him 100%.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online