courtlynch

Apr 15, 2016
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Connolly
Hi everyone,

My name is Courtney, and I'm a new member (obviously)! I'm adopting a bully through Southern California Bulldog Rescue, and I'm glad to have found this fantastic resource. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions (I've only owned other breeds of dogs, never bulldogs), and I've already started finding some great posts on here. I'm picking up my dog, Connolly, on Monday, so I'll be sure to update my profile with some good pictures and more info once I get some. :)

To start, does anyone have any familiarity with good bulldog vets in the LA area? I live in Echo Park, if that means anything to anyone, and I'm hoping to find a vet in or around that neighborhood.

Thanks in advance for all the help! I can already tell that you folks are some fantastic sources of information.

Edited: now includes photos!
IMG_5547.JPG
IMG_5563.JPG
IMG_5570.JPG

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
AWESOME!! thank you so much for rescuing.... SCBR is a great organization.

Good luck picking him up and we look forward to seeing pictures of your new baby. Congratulations

:welcome3: to EBN

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi everyone,

My name is Courtney, and I'm a new member (obviously)! I'm adopting a bully through Southern California Bulldog Rescue, and I'm glad to have found this fantastic resource. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions (I've only owned other breeds of dogs, never bulldogs), and I've already started finding some great posts on here. I'm picking up my dog, Connolly, on Monday, so I'll be sure to update my profile with some good pictures and more info once I get some. :)

To start, does anyone have any familiarity with good bulldog vets in the LA area? I live in Echo Park, if that means anything to anyone, and I'm hoping to find a vet in or around that neighborhood.

Thanks in advance for all the help! I can already tell that you folks are some fantastic sources of information.

Welcome to EBN. Thank you for adopting.
[MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] maybe can help with a vet in SC.

I used to live in LA in a galaxy time far, far, far away. Hollywood off of Nomandie between Melrose and Santa Monica. Also south off of Olympic Blvd what is now called Koreatown. So yes I am familiar with Echo Park. Now I am craving a Chili Cheese burger from Tommy's. No a Hollenbech Burrito from El Tepeyac. Oh yes.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
:welcome4: welcome to EBN! There will be some members here that can tell you of a good vet-instead of "sammiches" @rjisaterp ha!ha! You know a man's stomach.........
English Bulldog News Recommended English Bulldog Veterinarians

You know it girlfriend. Then right to my heart if it ain't to full of cholesterol. Hmmmmm....Chicken fried steak, taters, green beans, ice cold brewski or even a nice glass of Merlot...cigar afterwards...watching the sunset and smelling the sweet smell of cut grass. Maybe a nice slice of decadent double chocolate cheesecake with raspberry sauce. Thinkin' bout you Dang woman...you makin' me hungry.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi Courtney, welcome to the site! Congratulations on your new baby, Connolly, and that is SO AWESOME that you're adopting through SCBR! I live in Pasadena but I take my bullys to a vet in nearby Monrovia, which I know is a far trek for you. You may want to check with the folks at SCBR to ask if they have any vet recs in your neck of the woods since they may know more resources. If I hear or come across anyone that would be a great bulldog vet in your area though, I will definitely pass along that info to you. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Connolly and please make yourself at home on this forum.
:welcome:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! We can't wait to see pics of your new baby, how wonderful to be adopting a baby from SCBR!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone,

Look up this post: What to expect with a Bulldog. Will answer a lot of your questions :) :welcome3:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
WELCOME TO EBN COURTNEY AND CONNOLLY :nice2meetu:
sign0016.gif
:meeting:THANK YOU FOR ADOPTING THIS BEAUTIFUL BULLY AND GIVING HIM A WONDERFUL HOME.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.