new member with 11 week old pics included a couple questions......

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
She is sooo cute!! I think it's just the puppy stage vs older dog. When I got my EB pup my oldest dog hated her because she was always in her face and nipping. She would growl at her but my pup didn't get the hint AT ALL lol. So what I did was kept my puppy on a leash when she was inside with me so she couldn't go after the other dogs until she learned some boundaries. This also GREATLY helped with potty training too since I could immediately tell if she had to go. If your other dog is in another room feel free to let the pup play and roam. Redirect with toys too. My two girls still have their bouts with each other but no where near as bad. GL!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Cute pup and I have the same crate and only used the barrier for about a month and I got Chunky at 11 weeks also. I only used it to keep him from using the crate for bathroom. I have never really looked him up in it for any long periods since he stays in the mudroom when I am gone and at night. I keep a towel over the top of the crate to keep it darker also

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!! All your babies are beautiful... LOVE Pugs!!

Do not worry about the crate pad, you can get one if you prefer, but I'd wait till she is fully trained. the size of the crate is fine too, but removing the barrier might give her reason to potty in there.

Daycare.... nice idea, but you can not take her till she is fully vaccinated which will be 16-20 weeks. But, as someone else stated, I would not be overly concerned about her crate time right now... as a puppy the sleep is good for her -- growing.

With your Pugs, give them some time to warm up to the new girl --- our Frenchie took 2 full weeks to accept the new guy. Cheli would leave the room or get up on furniture during those two weeks, then one day BAM!! Play broke out and they have been best buds ever since.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I forgot! Still to this day- mine get a "high value" treat every time we "lock them up"- lol. All I have to say is "time to go to bed or go to bed" and they both go straight to their crates. They are also both crated during the day while we are at work and again at night. They both have very over sized crates for them also.
I have a primo pad in Penny's crate bc she kept chewing EVERY bed I got for her. Lockjaw never had a bed chewing issue- so he has a bed in is. They both have their own blankets in there as well. They are also a little over 10 months now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
What a gorgeous girl! Good luck with the crate training, it's definitely a good thing!

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Thanks for the comments everyone. She cries when I put her in the crate. I'm considering take her to dog daycare since its 5 mins from my work during the days. Cause she spends nights and when I'm at work now in it. I have someone come over and take her out on my work days but going to visit the daycare place tomorrow.

My thing is how quick will she out grow the pugs? Just want to make sure she doesn't hurt them with playing. My vet said about 6 months ?

IMAG0298.jpgIMAG0299.jpgIMAG0300.jpgIMAG0301.jpgIMAG0306.jpg

Goob was smaller than both of them when we brought him home (maybe the same size as the middle pug but chubbier). He is about 9 months old in this picture.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
How do they all do together?

They are actually me friends' pugs. He absolutely loved them all. They were his best friends. He played so well with them. Sometimes their puppy nipping got too much and they would have little cuts on their necks but that was very rare. We have since moved away and he no longer plays with them but they were BEST friends. They saw each other every day and Goob was not satisfied until we walked over to say hello. IMAG0049.jpgIMAG0051.jpgIMAG0057.jpgIMAG0059.jpg

OP

3sShadow

Apr 5, 2016
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
So day 1 of having a dog walker while I'm at work

image_zpshtvd3mej.jpeg

image_zpsmkwhmutd.jpeg

BREWBADGER

Mar 5, 2016
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Vader and Reya
I put a kong beds in the crate for my 2 guys.. err guy and gal... They are pretty tough and clean easy along with a blanket that I change out pretty regular. Vader is 19 weeks and going to dog daycare now.. Oh the joy... Reya is 15 weeks and will be going shortly after the last of the shots. When I got Reya her size (small) was an issue as Vader played a bit rough... Now she plays rough but is getting better. She is 18 pounds now and he is 33. He is almost an angle now :tongue: and she is going through the shark phase a bit..:w00t:
She absolutely loves her crate, but he has to be coaxed in a bit. But both love it for sleeping. I feed her in her crate and she associates it with food and safety... Him I feed him in the small dog run. Both run and sit in there respected areas when they see me gather the feeding bowls.. :p

- - - Updated - - -

OMG, forgot to mention how beautiful your puppies are...

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
BEAUTIFUL PICTURES OF YOUR 4 LEGGED BABIES. KISSES AND HUGS TO ALL OF THEM.

Members online

No members online now.