new member with 11 week old pics included a couple questions......

3sShadow

Apr 5, 2016
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
New to this forum stumbled across it when looking for some crate info. I just got my 1st english bulldog about 1 week ago. I was looking to adopt one and found this girl from owners that said they did not have time for her. This 1st week has been very interesting to say the least. I also have 2 pugs one I've had since 6 weeks old and now 12 and one rescue pug who is 3 and came from a bad situation but safe now. My pugs are great together but one of them is afraid of the bulldog cause she keeps biting and trying to jump on him. She's puppy playing but he doesn't like it. Her name is Sadie (female) and my pugs are both males miles and pugsly. Glad i found this forum so I can ask owners with experience questions. Like this biting issue lol. Also I leave her in her crate at nights good idea? Its not a huge crate but there is enough room.

Here are some pics.

image_zpstrispuy6.jpeg
image_zpslsh3ltnn.jpeg
image_zpssfjl2s1e.jpeg
image_zpsxyb5xfiu.jpeg

hard to believe this guy is scared of Sadie in this pic
image_zps2tgqwbps.jpeg

image_zpsapvecpit.jpeg

bonus pic of Sadies brothers
image_zpsd1n1dsbf.jpeg

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Welcome!!!! They are all adoraBULL!!!!
The dreaded shark teeth stage!! Lots of good chew toys. Try redirecting when she tries to bite anything she's not supposed too. A stern "no bite" doesn't hurt either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awwwwa cute cute cute...

Yes like Corine said chew toys for sure with a BIG NO BITE. Putting Sadie in a crate at night is great. Eventually they like their crates and it's like their safe place. Dont use it as a punishment or she will this of her crate as the hell hole. Lol takes patience. If you have 2 pugs im sure you have some and use to it :)

OP

3sShadow

Apr 5, 2016
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Thanks for the comments everyone. She cries when I put her in the crate. I'm considering take her to dog daycare since its 5 mins from my work during the days. Cause she spends nights and when I'm at work now in it. I have someone come over and take her out on my work days but going to visit the daycare place tomorrow.

My thing is how quick will she out grow the pugs? Just want to make sure she doesn't hurt them with playing. My vet said about 6 months ?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the comments everyone. She cries when I put her in the crate. I'm considering take her to dog daycare since its 5 mins from my work during the days. Cause she spends nights and when I'm at work now in it. I have someone come over and take her out on my work days but going to visit the daycare place tomorrow.

My thing is how quick will she out grow the pugs? Just want to make sure she doesn't hurt them with playing. My vet said about 6 months ?

Errrrr I doubt 6 months. I say before. How old is she and age?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your babies are adorable… LOVE all the pics!!! I think that pugs and bullies are a great mix since they are all brac breed dogs. Bullies go thru what we like to call "shark stage" while they are teething, so I would make sure to have plenty of teething toys available. Antlers, nylabones, Kong chew toys… my personal favorite is marrow bones but please NO rawhides they have been proven to be a chocking hazard for dogs!!!

I crate my 6 mos old puppy at night, so do not feel guilty at all. It gives my older bulldog a break, and I know that she is safe from chewing or eating something she shouldn't or having an accident in the house. When she was younger I had a playpen set up to give her a "time out" for my Walter when he had had enough of puppy madness. Having a sitter come mid-day is a great idea to give her a break during the day while you work.

You are doing a fantastic job as a bully parent, we just need more PICS of your adorable crew. Good luck w/your new baby!!!

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
omg!! she is sooooooo cute... and i love pugs too... welcome, you have come to the right place.. and love the pictures.. i like pictures.. lol.. the biting is normal.. our abbey was a biter.. my husband called her a devil dog.. one reason was because her ears stuck straight up and he said it was horns not ears.. lol.. but now she is a princess... in fact i think she thinks her name is princess abbey.. :luv::welcome3:

OP

3sShadow

Apr 5, 2016
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Old and age? Crap lollll meant age n weight :)

She was 12 pounds last Thursday.

Her is a pic from this mourning and then in her crate. There is a piece I can move back to give her more room but it's like this now. Should I get her a vetbed or just leave it the way it is?

image_zpsrdp7hrht.jpeg

image_zpser1ovfqj.jpeg

image_zpstdvlsnzs.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She was 12 pounds last Thursday.

Her is a pic from this mourning and then in her crate. There is a piece I can move back to give her more room but it's like this now. Should I get her a vetbed or just leave it the way it is?

image_zpsrdp7hrht.jpeg

image_zpser1ovfqj.jpeg

image_zpstdvlsnzs.jpeg

I have the same kennel. I never put the barrier. I rather she stretches out. Also when I got her at 3 months old she was paper trained. I would put newspaper in that little back section incase she needed to pee at night but that lasted like 2 weels only cause most of the time it was cleaned. Right now she has a big bed in the living room. I know she rather go in her kennel to sleep but with her big cone on her head I let her sleep in the living room. But you see she wants her kennel. It's her little getaway. :) what's a vet bed?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She will 12 weeks on Friday

I might backtrack on my Errr doubt it comment after you now said her age n weight... lolll...... she is small. But she will gain fast. Nyala is 6 months now @35lbs and is a mini bulldog. Vet said she's not fat either. I recall her gaining 6lbs in one week!! She was on puppy orijen and put her on adult food asap lol So alot depends on what you feeding her. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online