Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new member with 11 week old pics included a couple questions......

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: new member with 11 week old pics included a couple questions......

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Old and age? Crap lollll meant age n weight
    She was 12 pounds last Thursday.

Her is a pic from this mourning and then in her crate. There is a piece I can move back to give her more room but it's like this now. Should I get her a vetbed or just leave it the way it is?

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 3sShadow View Post
    She was 12 pounds last Thursday.

Her is a pic from this mourning and then in her crate. There is a piece I can move back to give her more room but it's like this now. Should I get her a vetbed or just leave it the way it is?

I have the same kennel. I never put the barrier. I rather she stretches out. Also when I got her at 3 months old she was paper trained. I would put newspaper in that little back section incase she needed to pee at night but that lasted like 2 weels only cause most of the time it was cleaned. Right now she has a big bed in the living room. I know she rather go in her kennel to sleep but with her big cone on her head I let her sleep in the living room. But you see she wants her kennel. It's her little getaway. what's a vet bed?

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

She will 12 weeks on Friday
    I might backtrack on my Errr doubt it comment after you now said her age n weight... lolll...... she is small. But she will gain fast. Nyala is 6 months now @35lbs and is a mini bulldog. Vet said she's not fat either. I recall her gaining 6lbs in one week!! She was on puppy orijen and put her on adult food asap lol So alot depends on what you feeding her.

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    . It's her little getaway. what's a vet bed?
    Vetbed is basic a cushioned mat. Right now she just has blankets in there

Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

She is sooo cute!! I think it's just the puppy stage vs older dog. When I got my EB pup my oldest dog hated her because she was always in her face and nipping. She would growl at her but my pup didn't get the hint AT ALL lol. So what I did was kept my puppy on a leash when she was inside with me so she couldn't go after the other dogs until she learned some boundaries. This also GREATLY helped with potty training too since I could immediately tell if she had to go. If your other dog is in another room feel free to let the pup play and roam. Redirect with toys too. My two girls still have their bouts with each other but no where near as bad. GL!

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Cute pup and I have the same crate and only used the barrier for about a month and I got Chunky at 11 weeks also. I only used it to keep him from using the crate for bathroom. I have never really looked him up in it for any long periods since he stays in the mudroom when I am gone and at night. I keep a towel over the top of the crate to keep it darker also

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

8. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

to EBN!! All your babies are beautiful... LOVE Pugs!!

Do not worry about the crate pad, you can get one if you prefer, but I'd wait till she is fully trained. the size of the crate is fine too, but removing the barrier might give her reason to potty in there.

Daycare.... nice idea, but you can not take her till she is fully vaccinated which will be 16-20 weeks. But, as someone else stated, I would not be overly concerned about her crate time right now... as a puppy the sleep is good for her -- growing.

With your Pugs, give them some time to warm up to the new girl --- our Frenchie took 2 full weeks to accept the new guy. Cheli would leave the room or get up on furniture during those two weeks, then one day BAM!! Play broke out and they have been best buds ever since.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

10. Likes helsonwheels, CCandMurray, Manydogs liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

I forgot! Still to this day- mine get a "high value" treat every time we "lock them up"- lol. All I have to say is "time to go to bed or go to bed" and they both go straight to their crates. They are also both crated during the day while we are at work and again at night. They both have very over sized crates for them also.
    I have a primo pad in Penny's crate bc she kept chewing EVERY bed I got for her. Lockjaw never had a bed chewing issue- so he has a bed in is. They both have their own blankets in there as well. They are also a little over 10 months now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

12. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray, Manydogs liked this post
    Real Name
    Mandy
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Betty
    Likes (Received)

What a gorgeous girl! Good luck with the crate training, it's definitely a good thing!
    ~Mom to Betty since 02/02/2016~
    Follow Betty the Bulldog on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/betty.the.bully/

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the comments everyone. She cries when I put her in the crate. I'm considering take her to dog daycare since its 5 mins from my work during the days. Cause she spends nights and when I'm at work now in it. I have someone come over and take her out on my work days but going to visit the daycare place tomorrow.

My thing is how quick will she out grow the pugs? Just want to make sure she doesn't hurt them with playing. My vet said about 6 months ?

-imag0298-jpg-imag0299-jpg-imag0300-jpg-imag0301-jpg-imag0306-jpg

Goob was smaller than both of them when we brought him home (maybe the same size as the middle pug but chubbier). He is about 9 months old in this picture.
    The righteous care for the needs of their animals,
    but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Goob14 View Post
    -imag0298-jpg-imag0299-jpg-imag0300-jpg-imag0301-jpg-imag0306-jpg

Goob was smaller than both of them when we brought him home (maybe the same size as the middle pug but chubbier). He is about 1 year old in this picture.

How do they all do together?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

How do they all do together?
    They are actually me friends' pugs. He absolutely loved them all. They were his best friends. He played so well with them. Sometimes their puppy nipping got too much and they would have little cuts on their necks but that was very rare. We have since moved away and he no longer plays with them but they were BEST friends. They saw each other every day and Goob was not satisfied until we walked over to say hello. -imag0049-jpg-imag0051-jpg-imag0057-jpg-imag0059-jpg
    The righteous care for the needs of their animals,
    but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads