New member and first time owner!

AmyyNiicole

Apr 5, 2016
ohio
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
cant decide!
Good morning! I'm Amy, I'm 30 with 2 boys who will be 1 and 3 this summer! I'm also picking up my very first bulldog puppy on Saturday! Only problem is I cant decide on a name for her :ohmy: so I need some ideas!! Also any advice for a first time owner is very much appreciated! :D puppy.jpgpuppy2.jpg

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
She's adorabull!!!! I'm no good with names- my husband chose Lockjaw and my friend picked Penny. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
She is a sweetie for sure! I'm not so good with names either but would love to see more pics! Welcome to EBN

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!

MY goodness she is a precious little peanut! I'm not good with names either, my boyfriend picked all ours and they are all named after athletes..... Nitschke, Banks, Chelios and Lambeau

OP
A

AmyyNiicole

Apr 5, 2016
ohio
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
cant decide!
thank you all for replying! I'm very excited to bring her home on Saturday! and I will definitely be posting more pics as soon as I get her home :D does anyone have a preference on puppy shampoo? also best harness or toughest toys??

OP
A

AmyyNiicole

Apr 5, 2016
ohio
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
cant decide!
Here are some of the names on my short list:
-Mia
-Lola
-LadyBird
-Sophie

what does everyone think???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Here are some of the names on my short list:
-Mia
-Lola
-LadyBird
-Sophie

what does everyone think???

I am bias to Mia..... :heart: second choice would be Ladybird

Shampoo.... I use John Paul by Paul Mitchell, 6 bucks at TJ Maxx :D But, I only bath my guys maybe twice a year or when they get into something the should not.
Harness... at this age, just get something that is good, but not too expensive. The one that many on this forum love is the K9 Julius, but you might want to wait till she is about 10 months or so to get it
Toys..... Kong, Nylabone, deer/elk/moose antlers and raw marrow bones are great for them. NO, no ,no rawhide or bully sticks.... both are choking hazzards

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I used the Puppia harness until he was too big for it. It expands so it is good for puppies. I think I got the large. As a tiny puppy don't worry about a harness because they will just follow you around and not really go for walks yet.

I bought the Kong puppy toys. Stuffies were quickly nixed because he chews through them. Water bottles are always great throw away toys. I got him soft toys as a puppy and when he had gotten his adult teeth I switched to firmer toys. The Planet Dog toys have lasted me a while and may be ok for puppy teeth.

I recommend buying a toy you can freeze for the teething stage.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
She looks like a Pearl to me. She's very precious!

Since we are so close, i can't wait to meet you and this precious little girl!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Dora the Explorer Dora also means Gift from God (although you had to pay for her!!) [MENTION=15711]AmyyNiicole[/MENTION]

- - - Updated - - -

Dora the Explorer Dora also means Gift from God (although you had to pay for her!!) [MENTION=15711]AmyyNiicole[/MENTION]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Dora the Explorer Dora means A gift from God

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your new baby is adorable...

OP
A

AmyyNiicole

Apr 5, 2016
ohio
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
cant decide!
Thank you all for the welcomes and advice! Sorry I'm late replying, I've been so busy getting ready for her! only 2 more days!!:excited: pictures to come Saturday night/Sunday!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.