Ronky

Mar 6, 2016
Country
New Zealand
Bulldog(s) Names
Billie
Billie2.jpgHi everyone.
Frist time coming here. Google search is great :yes:
I'm a first time owner of a British Bulldog. We haven't had her for very long, but she sure has made us fall deeply in-love with her. :tongue:
She's such a joy to have. I'm learning so much as we go along. Got her from a great breeder here, whom I'm still in contact with daily. She helps out a lot. Just sometimes I feel like I'm disappointing her when I ask some questions. Hence, why I searched out a group I could ask.

Billie2.jpg

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I have a dear friend that is from New Zealand… we are so glad to have you here at EBN ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a handsome little guy!

:welcome3: to EBN --- so very happy you found us!

OP
R

Ronky

Mar 6, 2016
Country
New Zealand
Bulldog(s) Names
Billie
Thanks so much for the welcome. Enjoying the information I get. Some I can see might work for us and some not. That's the whole part of this. is to get ideas.
When Billie arrived at just over 8 weeks old, She weighed only 3.3kg's. Her only brother and one of her sisters weighed 5.5kg's. They were the pigs of the family. And her other sister weighed the same as my girl. Since being with us she has gained so much weight. Her personality has really come out now. She strides around the house like she owns it. I love how everything that's mine is now hers, (or so she would like to think) and everything that's hers, is hers and hers only!! She'll be 12 weeks on the 16/3/2016. She still doesn't like going in the car. That's something we are working on. So any tips on how to get her use to it would be muchly appreciated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks so much for the welcome. Enjoying the information I get. Some I can see might work for us and some not. That's the whole part of this. is to get ideas.
When Billie arrived at just over 8 weeks old, She weighed only 3.3kg's. Her only brother and one of her sisters weighed 5.5kg's. They were the pigs of the family. And her other sister weighed the same as my girl. Since being with us she has gained so much weight. Her personality has really come out now. She strides around the house like she owns it. I love how everything that's mine is now hers, (or so she would like to think) and everything that's hers, is hers and hers only!! She'll be 12 weeks on the 16/3/2016. She still doesn't like going in the car. That's something we are working on. So any tips on how to get her use to it would be muchly appreciated.

True Bulldog through and through... it is her world and you are getting to participate :D

as for the car, try to associate something she LOVEs with the car, may be a favorite toy or treat. it could also be that she is getting motion sickness, try a something for that like a Dramamine (adult not childerns or the chewables)... do a half tablet. Or if you can get benedryl, that is 1 mg per pound. Our girl HATED the car all her life no matter what we did or tried she just never took to it, so we had to have her somewhat sedated when we went on road trips with her.

Best of luck

OP
R

Ronky

Mar 6, 2016
Country
New Zealand
Bulldog(s) Names
Billie
That's sad :(. With us going away in June we will be traveling a lot. And I would hate to sedate her. I know she likes to be high. If I let her sit on my knee (which I don't like doing, I only do it when its a 2 minute drive) she climbs up onto my shoulder and likes to look out the window and breath in the fresh air. I'll try the favourite toy. She has two at the moment. I've tried the chew toy. That hasn't worked. I don't blame her for hating the car rides though. When we got her, she had a 3 hour flight then a almost 4 hour car ride just to get to our house. That's enough to put anyone off the car journeys Hehehehe

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
That's sad :(. With us going away in June we will be traveling a lot. And I would hate to sedate her. I know she likes to be high. If I let her sit on my knee (which I don't like doing, I only do it when its a 2 minute drive) she climbs up onto my shoulder and likes to look out the window and breath in the fresh air. I'll try the favourite toy. She has two at the moment. I've tried the chew toy. That hasn't worked. I don't blame her for hating the car rides though. When we got her, she had a 3 hour flight then a almost 4 hour car ride just to get to our house. That's enough to put anyone off the car journeys Hehehehe

Does she do well while looking out the window? Perhaps a little booster seat you can put her in where she can reach the window and look out?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online