Jenni23

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Hi everyone

So glad I found this forum, because I know absolutely zip about English Bulldogs, and we have a 12 week old puppy. Her name is Georgia, but we call her Gigi for short. We actually came to own her by accident. My brother actually purchased her from a well known horrible pet store. After having her for maybe 3 full days, she got sick, I mean really sick. Her nose was pouring with thick green and yellow discharge. She was majorly congested, coughing, and very tired. So my brother, who is a 28 yr old professional child, calls me, his big sister because he doesn't know what to do. He brought her to me and I got her to the vet and turns out she had an untreated case of kennel cough, that was in the beginning stages of pneumonia. We've had her now for almost two weeks. After paying all the vet bills and taking care of her, my brother asked me if I would take her. I have an 8 year old daughter that just loves her and my Husband was over the moon about her, try saying no to that!

She's been on meds for nearly two weeks, and feeling much better. So here we are, and I have so MANY questions! Do I ask those here? Or should I start another thread under another topic?

Thanks in advance,
Jenn and Georgia

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi Jenn! Welcome to you & Georgia, and bless you for taking her in, and nursing her back to health!

I would start a new thread if you have specific questions, under that topic that way you get the most replies, help, suggestions, etc :)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi there Jenn and Georgia (Gigi), welcome!!! You've come to the right place, my girl Joey is 9 months and my friends here and even my yet to be friends here have been a God send!! So ask away.....I'm not your go to gal except for "OMG that happened to me and every told me........" However folks like Jessica (TyTysmom) will always be able to point you in the right direction! So happy that Gigi is feeling better and LAUGHED so hard about your "professional child" of a brother....I have one too :) Can't wait to see photos!

OP
Jenni23

Jenni23

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Thanks y'all for the warm welcome! I promise to post more pics and get my profile pic all figured out soon:). Now that you know how we got our pup, I guess I should tell y'all a little about our family. My Husband is active duty army and we are 2 years from retirement, God willing:). We have 2 daughters, 11 and 8. Before Gigi arrived, we already had 2 Shih Tzus, they are 12 and 5. Right now they think Gigi is the spawn of satan, lol. We live in Virginia in a townhouse that I hate, because I'm a country girl from South Georgia, and I like open spaces:). That's all I can think of at the moment, lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN

So glad you found us... Thank you for taking Gigi in and getting her healthy!

Thank your husband for his service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Welcome to EBN! Do some exploring on the site should answer a lot of questions or just throw some out there and you'll get responses! Everyone here is so helpful!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome3:Glad that GiGi is starting to feel better! Be prepared for the energy that is to come!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Glad to hear Gigi is doing better. Hi from Chesapeake, BTW. If you have any questions, ask away. This forum is a great place for those seeking Bully info. I've found a great community here...very willing to help out anyone in need.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I'm so glad that you stepped in for Gigi, she looks adorable…

You can check out our home page for threads that may help, or just ask a question… we are all here to help!!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thanks y'all for the warm welcome! I promise to post more pics and get my profile pic all figured out soon:). Now that you know how we got our pup, I guess I should tell y'all a little about our family. My Husband is active duty army and we are 2 years from retirement, God willing:). We have 2 daughters, 11 and 8. Before Gigi arrived, we already had 2 Shih Tzus, they are 12 and 5. Right now they think Gigi is the spawn of satan, lol. We live in Virginia in a townhouse that I hate, because I'm a country girl from South Georgia, and I like open spaces:). That's all I can think of at the moment, lol

Thank your husband, you, and your family for their service! I'm prior Air Force active duty and grew up on several different bases (Air Force brat). Agree on the open spaces and hopefully that's what is in your future!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
God Bless You for Taking in this Precious Soul, She is in Wonderful hands now with You.

MrsD161

Mar 6, 2016
Kentucky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dewey
Hi, I am new to the site and am also a new EBD owner as well! I was reading your thread and it was shocking to see how much we have in common! Not only am I a new EBD owner (who also has zero experience with the breed), but my husband also serves in the military and is two years away from retirement as well! Our other dog is a shih tzu also, and we have two daughters (my step daughter is 9, youngest will be 1 in April). Anyway, welcome to the site and good luck to you and Georgia! I have only had my little guy (dewey) for a week, and have already learned how overwhelming it can be, especially with an infant who is just learning to walk!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.