rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well Cody...looks like you found a diamond in the ruff. Thanks for taking Diamond in. P.S. Welcome to EBN. You will find you are not alone here. Lots of knowledge located in the many articles...so please peruse the site and if you have any questiosn just post a thread and someone will chime in.

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Well Cody...looks like you found a diamond in the ruff. Thanks for taking Diamond in. P.S. Welcome to EBN. You will find you are not alone here. Lots of knowledge located in the many articles...so please peruse the site and if you have any questiosn just post a thread and someone will chime in.
thank you for welcoming me. yes a diamond in the ruff is a great statement :D will do thank you bud!

sent from my brick using clay

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
bless you... i know exactly how you feel... it just makes my blood boil when i hear someone say that don't have time for a dog and have to get rid of it... or they are moving and can't keep it... grrrrr.... to me its no excuse.. if you get a dog.. be a responsible dog owner.. don't just throw it out when you don't want to deal with them... makes me so mad because it breaks my heart...

yesterday a friend posted on facebook that they seen a car pull up on her road and dumped two german shepards off then drove away... how can people sleep at night.. its still cold here... i would love to dump them off in the cold and make them sleep outside and find their own water and food..

sorry... bless you again..,. i have a rescue too... they love just like the others no matter how bad they been treated..

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
You can mix a spoonful of coconut oil in with her food, and that will be great for her coat.

I feed my bullies Taste of the Wild, and Tractor Supply has the best price. Sometimes they have it on sale also.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
:welcome2: to EBN! What a sweet girl Diamond is :havemyheart:
It is great that you rescued her :2thumbs:

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
bless you... i know exactly how you feel... it just makes my blood boil when i hear someone say that don't have time for a dog and have to get rid of it... or they are moving and can't keep it... grrrrr.... to me its no excuse.. if you get a dog.. be a responsible dog owner.. don't just throw it out when you don't want to deal with them... makes me so mad because it breaks my heart...

yesterday a friend posted on facebook that they seen a car pull up on her road and dumped two german shepards off then drove away... how can people sleep at night.. its still cold here... i would love to dump them off in the cold and make them sleep outside and find their own water and food..

sorry... bless you again..,. i have a rescue too... they love just like the others no matter how bad they been treated..

it's all good gail, that's just sad how they dumped those German Shepard. Yes, diamond is just a big teddy bear :D

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
You can mix a spoonful of coconut oil in with her food, and that will be great for her coat.

I feed my bullies Taste of the Wild, and Tractor Supply has the best price. Sometimes they have it on sale also.

really?!?! i usually put coconut oil directly on her coat, and after when i have the oil on my hands she will just lick them off and i took a handful and she'll just eat it. I picked up taste of the wild yesterday and i'm going to use up the rest of the other food to run out so i can get a better idea of what her body accepts.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Thank you! She is a big teddy bear i'm ready for the other food to get eaten up in hopes of helping her skin wise.

Good luck with the new food! I keep my fingers crossed that the new food helps solving Diamonds skin problems
:chef:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and bless you for taking Diamond in. Once you get Diamond on a better food, you will see her skin get better.

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Welcome to the site and bless you for taking Diamond in. Once you get Diamond on a better food, you will see her skin get better.
that's what i'm shooting for also for her ears to clear up too. since this is my first dog and a first time bully owner this is all new to me.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15554]codered[/MENTION], I was going to suggest that you start mixing in a little of the new food with what you are currently feeding. That way it won't be such a switch for her from one to the other. Also, since the Taste of the Wild is not cheap, you will want to make sure you are feeding according to the weight chart on the bag. Not only will it help to control her weight, but it will keep you from finishing the bag of food too quickly. You can add a spoonful of coconut oil once a day for a treat.

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
[MENTION=15554]codered[/MENTION], I was going to suggest that you start mixing in a little of the new food with what you are currently feeding. That way it won't be such a switch for her from one to the other. Also, since the Taste of the Wild is not cheap, you will want to make sure you are feeding according to the weight chart on the bag. Not only will it help to control her weight, but it will keep you from finishing the bag of food too quickly. You can add a spoonful of coconut oil once a day for a treat.
ok, i fed diamond 3 pounds according to the bag.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
ok, i fed diamond 3 pounds according to the bag.

Cody, did you mean to type 3 cups? That's what I feed Tucker, 1 1/2 cups in the morning and the same in the evening.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.