codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
I'm from the panhandle of Florida, and i received diamond in august. When i got diamond she was left in a field with little to eat, and a bad skin infection which she still has i just can't seem to get rid of. the first day i got her she had a fever and was very restless. today she is healthy and tomorrow she will be taken to the vet for her final heart worm treatment. the funny thing was i had a dream that she wouldn't live long and that was the day before we took her to the vet and discovered she has heart worms. there is something she is allergic to in our house i just can't put my finger on it. she has a reoccurring ear infection in her right ear and has cherry eye and can't see that well out of it, her right eye. she seems overall healthy I've watched her walk and i don't see any signs of hip displaysa, and is at a healthy 50 pounds. she is short and stocky with the red and white coat. her tail hasn't been docked it is the appropriate length but we can't seem to lift it up any further than 1/4 of a regular dog's tail. she is 3-4 years old and loves to go on rides and naps:D.

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
the pleasure was all mine no dog or any animal in that matter deserves to suffer like that. the original owner couldn't keep her because they had kids and they gave it to a mutual friend and that mutual friend had a mutual friend that had an a**hole of a boy friend who didn't want diamond in the house. he'd better wish i don't meet him i just have a genuine dislike for people who do stuff like that to animals. then diamond was given to me for a better home.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you :D CC and murray

- - - Updated - - -

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
the pleasure was all mine no dog or any animal in that matter deserves to suffer like that. the original owner couldn't keep her because they had kids and they gave it to a mutual friend and that mutual friend had a mutual friend that had an a**hole of a boy friend who didn't want diamond in the house. he'd better wish i don't meet him i just have a genuine dislike for people who do stuff like that to animals. then diamond was given to me for a better home.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome & thank you for taking her in! Are you sure its something in the house and not the food? What are you feeding? A lot of times the food is the main cult pit of allergies, skin conditions, etc....
Could also be the reason ear infections don't go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Welcome & thank you for taking her in! Are you sure its something in the house and not the food? What are you feeding? A lot of times the food is the main cult pit of allergies, skin conditions, etc....
Could also be the reason ear infections don't go away.

Diamond is eating purina alpo prime cuts, before i got her pure balance wild and free. i see all kinds of dog food and i know some are better for her. but we do what we can to keep her fed. i'm currently job hunting with no luck. i often notice that my sister or mom will feed her stuff that she shouldn't eat. i'm 17 so i still live with my parents. i also live in places were there is only walmart,tractor supply, and dollar generals and i can't find the good stuff for diamond. just wish i could get hired so she could eat better.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
See if you are able to find something grain free, chicken free. Tractor supply should carry Taste of the Wild - check and see if they carry it and ... if that's doable. I understand the hard times...but I know you'll find something soon!

Also, once she's on a better food you will see her skin, ears, etc all get better.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Diamond is eating purina alpo prime cuts, before i got her pure balance wild and free. i see all kinds of dog food and i know some are better for her. but we do what we can to keep her fed. i'm currently job hunting with no luck. i often notice that my sister or mom will feed her stuff that she shouldn't eat. i'm 17 so i still live with my parents. i also live in places were there is only walmart,tractor supply, and dollar generals and i can't find the good stuff for diamond. just wish i could get hired so she could eat better.

You are a good person, so your act of kindness will be rewarded. The return is 10 folds. Be patient and something good will happen soon.

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
thank you Ms./Mrs. Jessica, i'll definitely look thank you again for the recommendation :D. i so school online and i mainly stay home and take care of dogs. My mom's dog is really skinny and i took the entire day to fix her up. she went from death like this morning to her normal self in 12 hours, at first she thought it was cancer and it's hard to see your parents cry because she thought we would have to put her down. so i gave her 50 milliliters of pedialyte and 10 milliliters of SS tonic. since it's full of vitamins and with a dog vitamin she picked up. Rosie (mom's dog) really won't eat anything so we have to feed her like a baby. I made a concoction of baby cereal,almond milk, raw eggs, and carnation instant breakfast. Diamond my bully loves it she tried to knock it out of my hands so she could get the rest. I used the stuff because it's full of vitamins and will hopefully fatten her up. I also learned that the alkaloid theobromine found in most bakers and dark chocolate is what poison dogs. thank god i'm not a dog i love dark chocolate :rofl:. but the dog's system can't process the theobromine which is also a part of the caffeine family. most milk chocolates and white chocolates don't have theobromine. the carnation instant breakfast doesn't have theobromine either so i was happy about that.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Welcome Cody and Diamond! God Bless you for saving this beautiful creature! I'm a new bully mama but many here are VERY KNOWLEDGABLE and will be able to suggest supplements, food, etc., something as simple as Apple Cider Vinegar can do wonders. Read the posts on the benefits, I started Joey on it this week. The kind that is suggested here is Braggs and I think they sell it at Walmart. Try not to worry at such a young age, there's plenty of time for that.

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite quotes: "Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for it"

Sounds like you LOVE dogs........to fill in the gap why not look into dog walking? Maybe?

Peace friend, hang in there.....you've done a wonderful thing and wonderful things will come your way!!!!

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Welcome Cody and Diamond! God Bless you for saving this beautiful creature! I'm a new bully mama but many here are VERY KNOWLEDGABLE and will be able to suggest supplements, food, etc., something as simple as Apple Cider Vinegar can do wonders. Read the posts on the benefits, I started Joey on it this week. The kind that is suggested here is Braggs and I think they sell it at Walmart. Try not to worry at such a young age, there's plenty of time for that.

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite quotes: "Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for it"

Sounds like you LOVE dogs........to fill in the gap why not look into dog walking? Maybe?

Peace friend, hang in there.....you've done a wonderful thing and wonderful things will come your way!!!!
thank you mam, yea i've done selsun blue and it worked like 1 time and that was it. the smell was reduced a little. currently i'm doing coconut oil and it hasn't worked. i was assuming the omega 3's would attack the yeast infection. i'm assuming it's a yeast infection because there is a smell of like cooking yeast rolls in the oven. it doesn't bother me but it does the rest of the family and i'm trying to help her because she will scratch herself up. our vet gave us a topical spray with steroids in it. and it was good but we ran out. it was betagen, as of right now diamond is at the vet for her final heart worm regiment. I very much enjoy working with dogs and vehicles. i want to be an auto technician but there are certain certifications that you have to maintain. i'd like to get diamond a harness with pockets so we could carry my tools when i'm working on my truck :rofl: my pockets seem to be full of tools.

sent from my brick using clay

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN .... thank you so much for giving her a great new life!

Jessica has you covered.... Tractor Supply will have taste of the wild, which is a very good food and will help clear up all those issues. Avoid chicken and grains for sure. Maybe Tractor Supply is hiring and you can get a part-time job with an employee discount to help with the cost of the food?

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
thank you Diamond deserved a new life and a second chance. we went to tractor supply and i got the southwest canyon canine formula with wild boar. i read the back and it seems like good stuff. the bag was like $25 for 14lbs which isn't bad. i'm hoping everything will clear up. we got her back from the vet today from her final regiment in heart worms and she doesn't want to eat anything as of we speak she is at 51.2 pounds so i expect her to be at maybe 48 pounds when her appetite picks back up. i also got some shampoo since selsun blue wasn't working for her to well.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.