Let me introduce myself...and my dogs.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Hello Darlene, Tank and Sarge... and of course Ahsoka. So glad that Miss Molly recommened us to you, and hopefully you will love it here as much as we do. With all your experience of bullys I am sure your advice will be VERY useful to a lot of us newbies to the breed!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome...though...even with the experience I have...I still learn something from forums...Like the reverse sneeze! And the reason behind head tremors. The money spent on vet bills years ago...doesn't compare to the free knowledge one learns from forums. For back then...they never did learn the reasoning to those two issues we dealt with.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Welcome Darlene. I like your user name; I'd have to follow with 'but a Chevy wallet' if I used it.. LOL Hope to see lots of pics of your herd. Jump right in with any stories you have and feel free to participate in any discussions... the more the merrier. ;)

Thanks...I came by that name from a sales clerk at Bed Bath and Beyond...when I chose the most expensive bedroom set they had...that ended up being DRY CLEAN ONLY! Having bulldogs...I ended up going with my second choice that was machine washable. Though I have cadillactaste...I must say I drive a JEEP! :up:

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
welcome your babies are so cute... loving your avatar pic i have a pic just like that of my boys but the bully is on top lol

Thanks for the warm welcome...I would LOVE to see that photo some time...Tank played with Sarge...but wasn't close and cuddly with him when Sarge was a pup. He never allowed him to cuddle up and sleep next to him...or played as Ahsoka and Sarge play.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
I would like to thank EVERYONE for being so friendly and welcoming...I think I'm going to enjoy this forum already! Thanks again Shelly/Miss Molly for suggesting my coming on over to check it out. ;)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Welcome Darlene, glad you joined us! You have such beautiful pups, all of them! I look forward to hearing your bully stories and advice. Pictures and videos too when you can :)

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Welcome Darlene, glad you joined us! You have such beautiful pups, all of them! I look forward to hearing your bully stories and advice. Pictures and videos too when you can :)

Thanks Tessa...for the warm welcome...and my bullies send you via internet...sloppy bulldog kisses right from the water bowl they just left.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] Hi Darlene... I just noticed that you are in Ohio too!! Which part?

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] Hi Darlene... I just noticed that you are in Ohio too!! Which part?

Yes...I do live in Ohio, Carrollton,Ohio actually...I've actually been to Medina...got lost trying to find the place but was rerouted in time for the dog show I took my Australian Shepherd to. Under two hours to get there...including my getting lost. ;) Not sure if I plan on showing her any more...if I do...Medina will be a regular visit in the ASCA dog show I would attend. But...it made for a boring day. Even though she won first place and Best of Opposite...It was still long and boring. I much prefer Agility shows...so much more interesting things to watch than a bunch of dogs walk in a circle.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] Neither myself or my husband had ever been to a dog show of any kind before, until the end of last year when we went to the IX-Center in Cleveland where they were having a dog show. We specifically went there to watch the english bulldogs! There were 52 of them!! It was Bulldog paradise for us!!

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] Neither myself or my husband had ever been to a dog show of any kind before, until the end of last year when we went to the IX-Center in Cleveland where they were having a dog show. We specifically went there to watch the english bulldogs! There were 52 of them!! It was Bulldog paradise for us!!

Watching...and showing are two separate things. And I went to a dog show for ASCA/ Australian Shepherd Club of America which meant...NO BULLDOGS :( Just pretty Aussies...But with the same breed there one had to be on their toes to not miss their "classification" if there were other breeds it would be easier to see..."Oh! The Aussies are up" sort of thing. I would enjoy seeing a variety of dogs in a show say with the AKC...BUT...I don't know I would like to participate...it can be a man eat man world out there...when it comes to showing. ASCA has an easier atmosphere around. [Or so I've been told] My Aussie is triple registered. [So I can do agility with her later and have more shows closer to home] But I can show her through all three as well. But...I do not plan on becoming a breeder...so I don't know...She was sold to me on contract thinking she was a pet quality pup...and turned out to be a show pup by surprise after having her eyes cert. come back clean. She has some dark pigment coloration on her one iris...Which the breeder thought was something else but called it wrong. I'm just fortunate that the breeder stuck to our original contract and let me still have her. :up:

Most Reactions