Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Oh, I forgot to tell you all this.

Andrew sent me this last week in an email:

"I andrew maynard agree to rehome my english bulldog for total of 500.00. Meg is paying deposit of $200 today 1/26/2016 for me to hold her until this weekend at which time she will pay the remainder and take possession of moobear."

I don't know, I mean, I suppose it doesn't mean much, but funny he would go to the bother of sending that to me when he was going to scam me.

I think I'll text him now. I'd call but it's only 8am here haha

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Oh, I forgot to tell you all this.

Andrew sent me this last week in an email:

"I andrew maynard agree to rehome my english bulldog for total of 500.00. Meg is paying deposit of $200 today 1/26/2016 for me to hold her until this weekend at which time she will pay the remainder and take possession of moobear."

I don't know, I mean, I suppose it doesn't mean much, but funny he would go to the bother of sending that to me when he was going to scam me.

I think I'll text him now. I'd call but it's only 8am here haha

Well, it could be divorce drama getting in the way of things...but honestly, if he needed to rehome Moobear, wouldn't he have done it by now just to get one more thing off his plate? He did say he works a lot so maybe that's the hold up but one would imagine if this were legitimate, he'd have contacted you, apologized for not being able to meet yet, and set a time.

I'm hoping for the best but, as time goes by, I don't know...

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Well, it could be divorce drama getting in the way of things...but one would imagine if this were legitimate, he'd have contacted you, apologized for not being able to meet yet, and set a time.

I'm hoping for the best but, as time goes by, I don't know...

exactly my thoughts

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Any luck today?!

Nope. Guess we were scammed.
:'(
Today I texted, called and emailed. When I emailed I came right out and asked him if this deal was still on. I replied to the email that I quoted above. He probably won't respond, but I'll be able to tell if he reads it, then I'll know for sure (though it should be pretty obvious to me by now.).

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Nope. Guess we were scammed.
:'(
Today I texted, called and emailed. When I emailed I came right out and asked him if this deal was still on. I replied to the email that I quoted above. He probably won't respond, but I'll be able to tell if he reads it, then I'll know for sure (though it should be pretty obvious to me by now.).

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :( Dang.

I can't believe he'd give you his actual name and number and e-mail and steal your money using a bulldog...especially when you clearly have grown attached to little Moobear. I wonder if you could find his wife's name and see if she knows what he's up to!

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Oh no, I'm so sorry. :( Dang.

I can't believe he'd give you his actual name and number and e-mail and steal your money using a bulldog...especially when you clearly have grown attached to little Moobear. I wonder if you could find his wife's name and see if she knows what he's up to!

haha we think alike! He had given me his ex wifes name when we were trying to locate the records at Banfield. And her phone number too. I found her on FB. I was thinking of messaging her there. He's on FB too. I know where he works (or worked because I called the 800# today lol) but the number is disconnected...? A lot of pieces to the puzzle to put together. Me, my husband and my brother-in-law have been brainstorming all weekend LOL

Yah, i miss Moobear even though she's never been here. :\

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
haha we think alike! He had given me his ex wifes name when we were trying to locate the records at Banfield. And her phone number too. I found her on FB. I was thinking of messaging her there. He's on FB too. I know where he works (or worked because I called the 800# today lol) but the number is disconnected...? A lot of pieces to the puzzle to put together. Me, my husband and my brother-in-law have been brainstorming all weekend LOL

Yah, i miss Moobear even though she's never been here. :\

Oh I'd be pursuing EVERY channel until I got Moobear or my money back. OR BOTH. I would just message her and be honest - though she's probably in on it.

It is really weird that they'd give you ALL this legit personal info if they were scamming. I can't make sense of it.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I just started following this and I am so sorry if it turns out to be a scam. I really hope that the guy is just busy right now and you do end up with MooBear. With all that information, it is hard to believe it is a scam because I feel like you could probably pursue legal action if it was. I would love to see you with MooBear. It sounds like she needs a good home.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Meg I am so sorry about all of this, I know all to well how you feel, I was scammed twice, lost a good bit of money, and these two people said they were a Priest. I have learned my lesson the hard way. God Bless You Meg, I know you will find the right Bully Baby for you and not be scammed. People who do this need to be in jail, he stole $200.00 from you and these two so called Priest that scammed me need to be in jail too.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hey guys. So, looks like we are out $200 and a wonderful bulldog. :( Andrew read the email I sent him yesterday asking if this deal was still on and he never responded. :\ I'm not overly concerned about the $200 (though I probably should be). I'm more disappointed in not getting little Moo. We don't have enough money to afford the usual cost of a bulldog. Guess that's why I was so excited about a bulldog that seemed in great health and temperment for $500. (Too good to be true, right?) We'll have to save up I suppose. You all are the greatest on here. Thanks for being by my side through all of this. I'll probably take a break from the forum though, until, maybe we save up or possibly find a rescue bully. Hmm, I guess a rescue bully is the way to go. Some of you have mentioned that already. Hmm, now I feel a little better. :) (Talking to myself here...). I guess I will stick around afterall and learn more about bullies. Not sure how much I'll post, but I'll definitely let you know if there are any prospects :)

Meg (-Moobear :( )

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Oh, and it's a little late now, but I found the pic of Moobear I must've downloaded when the ad was up on Craigslist:

00P0P_ecxV79NABoy_600x450.jpg

:heart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=15395]megdav[/MENTION] thanks for posting that picture, I will also put it on my website in AZ in case this guy is doing a scam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
[MENTION=15395]megdav[/MENTION] thanks for posting that picture, I will also put it on my website in AZ in case this guy is doing a scam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks! good idea

:idea:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Hey guys. So, looks like we are out $200 and a wonderful bulldog. :( Andrew read the email I sent him yesterday asking if this deal was still on and he never responded. :\ I'm not overly concerned about the $200 (though I probably should be). I'm more disappointed in not getting little Moo. We don't have enough money to afford the usual cost of a bulldog. Guess that's why I was so excited about a bulldog that seemed in great health and temperment for $500. (Too good to be true, right?) We'll have to save up I suppose. You all are the greatest on here. Thanks for being by my side through all of this. I'll probably take a break from the forum though, until, maybe we save up or possibly find a rescue bully. Hmm, I guess a rescue bully is the way to go. Some of you have mentioned that already. Hmm, now I feel a little better. :) (Talking to myself here...). I guess I will stick around afterall and learn more about bullies. Not sure how much I'll post, but I'll definitely let you know if there are any prospects :)

Meg (-Moobear :( )

Aw, I am so sorry Meg! I think my first post mentioned the hazards of investing the heart...which is way worse to get burned on than money. With bulldogs, if it looks too good to be true, IT IS. Sadly, they are used for so many scams because they are so utterly adorable! (And expensive!)

Well, come visit whenever you want and make sure you look at our adoptions page, since it has a listing of available dogs in every state!

And P.S. Moobear looks like a doll, no wonder you were so excited!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.