sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
HAHA no, I don't have any pics yet because he took down the ad on Craigslist once I gave him the $200 (and before I thought to download them...oops). I didn't take any photos when we met her either. I'm slacking. I'm usually pretty good with photos :)

He said she is healthy and that he has been feeding her Beneful I think. Not sure that is the best food for her. Or maybe it is...any suggestions on that?

No, I definitely won't move forward until I get vet records.

Dang, I figured I'd ask.

Yes, Beneful is pretty much the worst stuff you can feed a dog and there are lots of better options out there, especially for bullies, who tend to struggle with weight and allergies.

And not to be the negative Nancy, but it seems REALLY fishy that she's never had any health issues. Because she's a bulldog and honestly, whether it's orthopedic, allergies, ear infections, they pretty much all have something. But wait and see - if the vet records and produced and checked out, maybe she's just a really healthy dog in an unfortunate situation!

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Dang, I figured I'd ask.

Yes, Beneful is pretty much the worst stuff you can feed a dog and there are lots of better options out there, especially for bullies, who tend to struggle with weight and allergies.

And not to be the negative Nancy, but it seems REALLY fishy that she's never had any health issues. Because she's a bulldog and honestly, whether it's orthopedic, allergies, ear infections, they pretty much all have something. But wait and see - if the vet records and produced and checked out, maybe she's just a really healthy dog in an unfortunate situation!

Yah you have a good point about no health issues. I just texted him asking if he's got anywhere with the health records. I'm quite curious now....

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Any more Moobear news?

you are soooo sweet to keep up with us! :)

So I texted him yesterday and he said that he is going to scan and email the records to me. The first time I met him (on Mon) he had said I could either get in touch with Banfield or he could scan them to me. So this isn't totally out of the blue, but I wonder what happened with Banfield? I didn't get an email yet. I'm not going to meet him tomorrow though unless he sends the records.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 77 here. I'm worried about the heat already (I've got pre-mom nerves as it is :X )

:)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm so nervous for you! Let us know as soon as you get Moonbear.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
AH! me too! thanks Rosalie!
Also, 77 is certainly warm but not so critical that they can only potty and then have to go inside. On days that are above 75, if we want to sit outside with the boys, I make sure they have plenty of fresh water, and their kiddie pool filled with cool water. I also hose them down so they are wet while we are outside. It helps keep them cool.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
you are soooo sweet to keep up with us! :)

So I texted him yesterday and he said that he is going to scan and email the records to me. The first time I met him (on Mon) he had said I could either get in touch with Banfield or he could scan them to me. So this isn't totally out of the blue, but I wonder what happened with Banfield? I didn't get an email yet. I'm not going to meet him tomorrow though unless he sends the records.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 77 here. I'm worried about the heat already (I've got pre-mom nerves as it is :X )

:)

Ahh, 77! It's snowing here! I miss AZ come January and February but I have to admit, autumn here was phenomenal.

I hope Moobear's owners have her vet records - that would show not only they take her but they had the foresight to keep them. Still, it would be better to get them from the vet to be sure they're not "edited" or anything.

I'm nervous for you!

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hi everybods :) Just to give you an update, I haven't received the scanned vet records yet, but Andrew said he would bring them with him when we met him "yesterday". I texted with him yesterday morning and we were supposed to meet at a coffee shop at 12pm. We waited for over an hour there. No answer when I called or texted. Turns out (he's a repo guy and works on the weekends), he had to go up north to Prescott AZ to tow a car (i think that is why he said we'd meet at 12, figuring he'd be back). On the way home he got a flat. I believe him, my husband is skeptical lol He said he couldn't change it himself because he was towing a car? I don't know anything about that, but anyyyywayyyy, we don't have Moobear yet! Oh and the vet records, he said he was bringing them with him. I'm going to ask him what happened with Banfield. That's all a little weird. I just pray he doesn't leave out something important from them.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Hi everybods :) Just to give you an update, I haven't received the scanned vet records yet, but Andrew said he would bring them with him when we met him "yesterday". I texted with him yesterday morning and we were supposed to meet at a coffee shop at 12pm. We waited for over an hour there. No answer when I called or texted. Turns out (he's a repo guy and works on the weekends), he had to go up north to Prescott AZ to tow a car (i think that is why he said we'd meet at 12, figuring he'd be back). On the way home he got a flat. I believe him, my husband is skeptical lol He said he couldn't change it himself because he was towing a car? I don't know anything about that, but anyyyywayyyy, we don't have Moobear yet! Oh and the vet records, he said he was bringing them with him. I'm going to ask him what happened with Banfield. That's all a little weird. I just pray he doesn't leave out something important from them.

Uh boy. Sorry he flaked on you...and I'm with your husband. There's just too many weird things going on for one person. Do you have a plan to meet up again?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online