Meg
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hi from Arizona!

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    If the pool isnt fenced off Moobear will not be able to go outside alone. We have a big beautiful pond that is approx. 7ft deep and Brutus whom we have had since he is 8wks old was trained not to go near it ever. He paid it no attention. Now Frankie whom we resecued at the age of 2 tried to jump into it every chance he got. Now the entire pond and the underneath of our deck (because he could shimmy under the deck and get to the pond) is fenced off. I still never leave them outside alone just because god forbid he found a way to get under the fence he would drown in minutes.
    thank you. you've made me realize how important it is to stay with moobear. she won't be out there alone...

2. Likes brutus77 liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Any Moobear updates @megdav

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sheshistory View Post
    Any Moobear updates @megdav
    Good morning!

Well, the owner, Andrew, had told me that I only had to give his phone number to Banfield Hosp (located in Petsmart) and they could pull up all of Moobear's info. So I called them yesterday morning to do that, but they couldn't locate her under Andrew's name or phone number. So I texted Andrew and he said to try his x's name and he gave me two other phone numbers. None worked. Sooo I told him that Banfield said to give them a call and they'll work it out. I haven't heard back yet. I'm going to text him soon though and see.

What the story is right now is that I have given him $200 (this past Tues) and we met Moobear a 2nd time that day. I asked him if we could pay the rest and pick her up on Saturday. He said sure and to give him a call Saturday morning.

We'll see if I ever hear from him again! lol
    Geez.

Meg

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by megdav View Post
    Good morning!

Well, the owner, Andrew, had told me that I only had to give his phone number to Banfield Hosp (located in Petsmart) and they could pull up all of Moobear's info. So I called them yesterday morning to do that, but they couldn't locate her under Andrew's name or phone number. So I texted Andrew and he said to try his x's name and he gave me two other phone numbers. None worked. Sooo I told him that Banfield said to give them a call and they'll work it out. I haven't heard back yet. I'm going to text him soon though and see.

What the story is right now is that I have given him $200 (this past Tues) and we met Moobear a 2nd time that day. I asked him if we could pay the rest and pick her up on Saturday. He said sure and to give him a call Saturday morning.

We'll see if I ever hear from him again! lol
    Geez.

Meg
    Good work though! We took all of our bullies to Banfield and we really liked them...so hopefully Andrew isn't full of it. VERY odd that you cannot secure the vet records for Moobear. I would definitely not move forward until you get some answers on that. I know it's hard because you really like Moobear but you could be stepping into a situation that you really don't know anything about if she has an undisclosed medical issue - or has been treated for one - and, as you probably know, bulldogs are prone to a litany of health issues.

Did he say if she has any known health issues and what they are feeding her?

Also, because I'm nosy, do you have any Moobear pics?

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."

Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Good work though! We took all of our bullies to Banfield and we really liked them...so hopefully Andrew isn't full of it. VERY odd that you cannot secure the vet records for Moobear. I would definitely not move forward until you get some answers on that. I know it's hard because you really like Moobear but you could be stepping into a situation that you really don't know anything about if she has an undisclosed medical issue - or has been treated for one - and, as you probably know, bulldogs are prone to a litany of health issues.

Did he say if she has any known health issues and what they are feeding her?

Also, because I'm nosy, do you have any Moobear pics?
    HAHA no, I don't have any pics yet because he took down the ad on Craigslist once I gave him the $200 (and before I thought to download them...oops). I didn't take any photos when we met her either. I'm slacking. I'm usually pretty good with photos

He said she is healthy and that he has been feeding her Beneful I think. Not sure that is the best food for her. Or maybe it is...any suggestions on that?

No, I definitely won't move forward until I get vet records.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

HAHA no, I don't have any pics yet because he took down the ad on Craigslist once I gave him the $200 (and before I thought to download them...oops). I didn't take any photos when we met her either. I'm slacking. I'm usually pretty good with photos

He said she is healthy and that he has been feeding her Beneful I think. Not sure that is the best food for her. Or maybe it is...any suggestions on that?

No, I definitely won't move forward until I get vet records.
    Dang, I figured I'd ask.

Yes, Beneful is pretty much the worst stuff you can feed a dog and there are lots of better options out there, especially for bullies, who tend to struggle with weight and allergies.

And not to be the negative Nancy, but it seems REALLY fishy that she's never had any health issues. Because she's a bulldog and honestly, whether it's orthopedic, allergies, ear infections, they pretty much all have something. But wait and see - if the vet records and produced and checked out, maybe she's just a really healthy dog in an unfortunate situation!

Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Dang, I figured I'd ask.

Yes, Beneful is pretty much the worst stuff you can feed a dog and there are lots of better options out there, especially for bullies, who tend to struggle with weight and allergies.

And not to be the negative Nancy, but it seems REALLY fishy that she's never had any health issues. Because she's a bulldog and honestly, whether it's orthopedic, allergies, ear infections, they pretty much all have something. But wait and see - if the vet records and produced and checked out, maybe she's just a really healthy dog in an unfortunate situation!
    Yah you have a good point about no health issues. I just texted him asking if he's got anywhere with the health records. I'm quite curious now....

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Yah you have a good point about no health issues. I just texted him asking if he's got anywhere with the health records. I'm quite curious now....
    Any more Moobear news?

Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Any more Moobear news?
    you are soooo sweet to keep up with us!

So I texted him yesterday and he said that he is going to scan and email the records to me. The first time I met him (on Mon) he had said I could either get in touch with Banfield or he could scan them to me. So this isn't totally out of the blue, but I wonder what happened with Banfield? I didn't get an email yet. I'm not going to meet him tomorrow though unless he sends the records.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 77 here. I'm worried about the heat already (I've got pre-mom nerves as it is :X )

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I'm so nervous for you! Let us know as soon as you get Moonbear.
    My smooshy face boy!

Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I'm so nervous for you! Let us know as soon as you get Moonbear.
    AH! me too! thanks Rosalie!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads