RebelLady

Jan 23, 2016
South Mississippi
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus Colonel Rebel (Bo), Hoss (2002 - 2014)
Hi, I'm Stephanie and my husband and I live in south Mississippi. We got our first bulldog together in 2002, Hoss. He was a wonderful, brindle bulldog with a handsome white face. He was the best dog we ever had, and extremely spoiled, so I'm told. :D We just loved him and treated him like one of our children. And no one can tell me this breed isn't smart, because we spelled things we didn't want him to hear, then he learned to spell. C-h-e-e-s-e was not a secret. Lol Sadly, he passed away 10 days before he turned 12. We were all heartbroken, and it has taken us over a year to get ready for a new bully.
So, we finally got ready, went in search of another baby to love, and found Bo. Well, the breeder had him named Luke on her site, but we decided to rename him. Being as we are huge Ole Miss fans, it seemed like fate when we found this breeder in Oxford, MS, so we settled on Bocephus Colonel Rebel and it looks like it will be Bo for short. Now Bo is mostly white with some brindle spots. The breeder's partner met us yesterday morning and we brought him home.
I had the nursery all ready, similar to what the breeder had. She helped me figure out some of the details, but since we got him home, we are adjusting. In 24 hours, roughly, he has 5 blankets, 3 beds, 2 crates, and an entire family wrapped around his paw. The only one not thrilled is my daughter's 6-year-old Cocker Spaniel, but she'll come around, I'm sure.
A little long, but there's my intro. I do have experience with the breed and have read bunches, but have found there is always more to learn. In fact, I already learned a lot from these forums prior to bringing Bo home. So, thank you all!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4:to EBN! You will love it here. [MENTION=15382]RebelLady[/MENTION] Soon they will be shouting for pictures-so get ready! We love to see pictures.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
:wave5::hiya::EBNwelcome::hiya::wave5:@manydogs is right!! We sure do love pictures :) can't wait to hear more about your new baby congratulations

OP
RebelLady

RebelLady

Jan 23, 2016
South Mississippi
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yea, my bad, I forgot to upload pictures. Here is our first boy/handsome guy, Hoss.
image.jpegimage.jpeg
Here is our new boy, Bo.
20160123_103735.jpg20160123_191607.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great introduction...welcome to EBN, can't wait to meet Bo.

Y'all did a great job with your former love, Rebel, 12 yrs old
is awesome long life for bullies. What a handsome boy he was!

I lived in Jackson, MS for a decade but moved back to Texas
after my divorce, 30 years ago. My ex and I drag raced Funny
cars & jet boats in MS, LA & TX so know that region very well.

You'll like it here, wonderful group :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15382]RebelLady[/MENTION] Both beautiful babies!

OP
RebelLady

RebelLady

Jan 23, 2016
South Mississippi
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you! I loved him so much, and am already in love with our new baby boy.

My husband is from here, and I moved here in 1998. Because of my job, we moved to Texas for about 5 years, and moved back in 2014. It's a great area, but we liked Texas too. Since I still have family in Texas, we get back there still. Best of both worlds. :cool:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
What part of Texas does your family live?

See you added Bo, absolutely a stunner!
I'd bring him home too ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fantastic into.... Happy you have found us!

:welcome3: to EBN

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Welcome to EBN. Bo is a handsome young bully boy. Looking forward to more pictures of Bo as he grows with his new family.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! So sorry for your loss, 12 years is an amazing age for a EBD. You new baby is absolutely adorable, looks like he's spoiled already… Lol

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome to EBN, both of your babies are beautiful. Definitely wonderful that your first baby lived such a full life, shows alot about you and how you loved & cared for him. Bo is precious!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.