brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to EBN! Your baby is adorable and looks all EB to me. They go through an awkard stage up to a year old. They get tall and skinny, then they fill out.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a nice looking boy, but pretty leggy, and tall in the rear. Might be some Old English in there somewhere. Plus in one of your pics I saw a rawhide chew toy, please throw it away, as they can kill a bulldog.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think he looks pure bred. He's just the tall one. I have a son like that, he's very very tall!!! (6'6"). We are not tall, but genetically in our "lines" there's some tall ones. ;)

One way would be to see if you can contact the litter mates. Also sometimes a very perfect EB couple doesn't make ideal pups.

Personally I think your boy is adorable. He's not going to win any AKC shows but I think he's got one of the cutest mugs I've ever seen!

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
WELCOME to EBN, LOVE love that last picture in the first post!!

Sorry if I missed this info but…are the parents registered? I believe you can go back three generations w/the AKC.

Personally, I wouldn't bother spending the $ on the testing…it's not 100% and it could be used in better areas (vet bills, toys, food ;) ) unless you have an issue w/the breeder that you are planning to pursue, I don't think it's worth the swabbing. - not an expert, just my opinion.

My guy is still filling out and he turned two a few months ago.

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Welcome. I understand your concern. He is awesome either way.
I have had both OEBs and EBs. Mine were different in and in physical build/proportions and in health and physicality. My OEB ended up long, tall, HEALTHY, and ATHLETIC until she was 12 and lived until 13.(this was a "bulldog" you could take on a jog. She was large at 65lbs....they are typically bigger than EBs.

Your boy has bulldog colors, bulldog head, bulldog tail, bulldog ears....a bulldog coat......I would say he's just a tall skinny bulldog.
Although he doesn't look much like the couple in the pic, it would be more interesting to know what his siblings look like. And though I doubt he will get much proportion back on his height....I would be really surprised if his shoulders and chest don't widen out in the next year.

OP
A

armydoc31

Jan 23, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tex
Dozer & Lyla.jpg

Wow! Thank you to everyone that has responded. In addition to looking at this thread, I have been enjoying the educational information and seeing all the wonderful bulldog pictures and stories on the website.
I'm not very "message board savvy" so I'll just respond to a few things in one message.
His parents are both listed as AKC EBs.... I guess my concern with that is... unless you witnessed the copulation, then you don't know for sure (outside of genetic testing). Anyway, I attached a picture from when he was a baby. I believe this place to be a good breeder (for pets) in this area.

I did email the breeder about my concerns. Here is the reply:
"Hi Ben,
I got your message regarding "Tex" I have attached photo's of his parents Dozer and Lyla and also the picture's of Tex as a puppy when advertised on our website with all the info in regards to his owner and date of birth,health guarantee etc.
They are beautiful AKC English Bulldogs, she said she has heard from several of Tex's litter mates owners and may have pics if you wanted to see them. She can also provide you with pedigree info.
We have many different size adult bullies at our place, our smallest female is approx 40 - 45# and our biggest is approx 80# We do this because we have interest in all sizes, you can see all of them on our website adult page. Tex is a beautiful bullie, I would expect him to continue to fill out as he has just turned 1 year old"

I have read that rawhide is not good... but he loves it and hasn't had any issues... still say "No to rawhide"? He chewed on the side of my wife's brand new ottoman a few months back... that wasn't good, so I got a few different chew toys, and rawhide was the only thing that kept him occupied.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I have read that rawhide is not good... but he loves it and hasn't had any issues... still say "No to rawhide"? He chewed on the side of my wife's brand new ottoman a few months back... that wasn't good, so I got a few different chew toys, and rawhide was the only thing that kept him occupied.

A rawhide could kill him. Its not worth that risk. I would get him nylabones, or antlers instead. Something he cannot chew or take pieces off of. Rawhides should be banned - they are so dangerous. I cannot stress it enough, get rid of it. We just recently had a member who's bully swallowed a huge piece and got very sick.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
A rawhide could kill him. Its not worth that risk. I would get him nylabones, or antlers instead. Something he cannot chew or take pieces off of. Rawhides should be banned - they are so dangerous. I cannot stress it enough, get rid of it. We just recently had a member who's bully swallowed a huge piece and got very sick.
:yes: get rid of it…not worth the risk is exactly what I say too. Read TOO many horror stories regarding rawhide.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
If you want to do a breed test, you could order on online for about $80. I got one for my 51lb French Bulldog Boston terrier mix. He is tall and long - not fat at all. And if you know anything about both breeds they are max 30 lbs each - so we had our doubts about what was in him.

The test I got was wisdom panel. You have to do a cheek swab first thing in the morning before he eats/drinks anything. Mail it back in a pre paid envelope to the clinic - the only info they ask you for is the dogs name weight color and an email address to send the results

We had our doubts on the rest but we received an email a few weeks later indicating Sully is a French Bulldog-Boston Terrier. Since we gave zero other info we feel that the test was accurate. Most false test happen if the cheek swab is done incorrectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.