Hi from Belfast Ireland

Harriett

Jan 22, 2016
Belfast Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hi everybody I just got my 1st ever bulldog yesterday, she is 13 weeks old and we have called her Daisy and she is just beautiful, I hope to get all the information on the breed that I need just here. My 1st question is if someone would be so kind to answer is how many times a day should I be feeding her. The breeder has told me twice a day should be sufficient a half a cup each time. As I have always had dogs I'm not sure if this is ok as with pups I would always feed at least 3 to 4 times a day at that age but before I do that I would love some advice. I have researched online but always like to get advice from owners.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 168

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
:welcome4:

Welcome to EBN Harriet and Daisy. Jewel and Bentley say hello.

Please peruse the sight as there are many articles that may help with your questions and give you answers. Or you can post your question and I am sure one of us will chime in and provide advice, suggestions, moral support, etc. You are never alone here at the forum.

I fed Jewel 3 times a day with a half cup and that seemed fine. Others will chime in as well.

Again, welcome and enjoy the site. --rj

- - - Updated - - -

PS Daisy is a fine looking little girl.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Welcome to EBN! I would give 1/2 to a cup three times a day. If her stool gets runny you are giving too much and can decrease the amount, but still feed three times daily. My husband has family in Galway, I hope to visit one day! With the last name of O'Toole I should fit right in!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN .... Happy you found us! Daisy is one cute baby!

I'm on my phone but will post it later--- there is a chart that will help you with feedings during the first year

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Daisy is just adorable...

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Congratulations!...Life will be immeasurably better with a bulldog in it!

Especially as adorable as Daisy :) Welcome to EBN and yeah, I'd feed her
1/2 cup 3 x daily, build up to it tho, a bit more until that amount over 3-4
weeks. What are you feeding her? Using steel bowls? There's a puppy advice
articles under Forum heading.

Did I mention she's adorable?....puppy breath...puppy belly...so jealous ;)

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I fed mine 3 times a day until 4 or 6 months. This is my first bulldog too and he is 9 months now. Here are some quick tips I have picked up
-Learn what a tail pocket is (there is a good article on this site but I can't find it)
-Learn how to clean the face and ears http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/35589-bulldog-daily-check.html
-Invest in a good harness
-I used the Puppia harness (XL) that fit from about 3-8 months
-I now have the size 2 Julius K9 harness that is a one clip removal
-Be ready for chewing (mine chewed up my wood trim and he can't have a bed- I found that hot sauce worked as the best deterrent)
-Invest in good chew toys (this site has a lot of recommendations)

And best of all enjoy. Mine grew up way too fast.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
welcome... i love it when people from far away come together... anyway,,.. my odie had to be fed at least twice a day because he would get sick if and throw up bile.. sorry to sound gross, but it was because he had empty stomach.. so small feedings more often worked great for him.. love your baby's name.. shes adorable... congrads

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Hi everybody I just got my 1st ever bulldog yesterday, she is 13 weeks old and we have called her Daisy and she is just beautiful, I hope to get all the information on the breed that I need just here. My 1st question is if someone would be so kind to answer is how many times a day should I be feeding her. The breeder has told me twice a day should be sufficient a half a cup each time. As I have always had dogs I'm not sure if this is ok as with pups I would always feed at least 3 to 4 times a day at that age but before I do that I would love some advice. I have researched online but always like to get advice from owners.
Hi don't live to far from you just in Leitrim. My bulldog is 7 and a half months now and i still feed him 3 times a day, and I think a young puppy really needs 3 feeds. Just out of interest what food are you using?

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Welcome to EBN! I would give 1/2 to a cup three times a day. If her stool gets runny you are giving too much and can decrease the amount, but still feed three times daily. My husband has family in Galway, I hope to visit one day! With the last name of O'Toole I should fit right in!!

Just noticed your post and seen your name, my mothers maiden name was O'Toole, she was from Co. Carlow. Not at all bulldog related sorry. I hope you get to visit someday Galway is really beautiful.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.