Hello from this Canadian Meatball!

backpackkat

Dec 17, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce Meatball to the community -- he's a 2.5 year old EB rescue and we live in Toronto, Canada!

IMG_5183.JPG

I'm looking for any and all tips on how to shape a rescue bully into the best boy he can be--he's already stolen my heart, even when he's doing the exact opposite of what he's supposed to :)

Our only concern is that he seems to love literally everyone he meets more than us and that's been disheartening to come home to...and also his poor feet are just a mess of interdigital cysts--if anyone has advice/experience with these things, I'm all ears!

Thanks in advance for all the wonderful tips I'm sure to receive from this place.

Cheers!

Katy
IMG_4885.JPG

IMG_4635.JPG

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Welcome to EBN to you and Meatball! He sure is a handsome boy! I am sure that he will love you dearly once he fully settles into his new home. It's actually great that he seems to love everyone he meets--what a great quality! I don't have any experience with interdigital cysts, but I'm sure some other members will have. This is a great place to come with questions!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Welcome to EBN! Meatballs pic is the best!
There's so much to learn from this site...there's info on everything including interdigital cysts.
my guys get them occasionally...soaking their paws in Epsom salts is one of the treatments....I've used a product called Veterycin that's pretty cheap on Amazon and has worked well. Good luck!
Welcome again and that is an awesome picture!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Welcome to EBN
there are a few members in the gta and Toronto area I am a ex-Toronto Pat ( Beaches )
You will love it here lottsa Meatball loving stuff to read and maybe help others out with your experience as a owner
Meatball is wonderful a looker

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome to EBN, Meatball is so handsome!!! Do not worry, he'll come around. Thank you so much for taking him in, and giving him a loving home. For his paws, like Chumley mentioned - some warm epsom salt soaks work well to reduce the inflammation and give him some relief. We do ours in a bowl with warm water, let them soak as long as he'll allow.... then pat dry. I'm sure once those heal up he'll feel much better.

If he's not a licker, you can use some neosporin. If he is a licker, then go with Vetericyn :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Meatball is a handsome boy! You are a good person to rescue him! Gee, my dad used to call me Meathead!!!! Ahh,, the good ole' days! You have gotten good advice from the gals.
I believe a food allergy can also be the cause of interdigital cysts.....?

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
He is the cuuuuutest!!!!

I don't have any advice but i wish you the best#

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Food or environmental allergies cause the cysts .... What food brand/protein are you feeding.

:welcome3: to EBN

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
OP
backpackkat

backpackkat

Dec 17, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
thanks everybody! we are so excited to be here. I will try the epsom salts for sure. we also have an instagram page for this goofball if anyone wants to follow, it's @mynameismeatball :excited:

he is on a hypoallergenic dry and wet combo (wet mainly for meds) - i believe it's Purina & is mainly duck and potato? we figured we'd try it to see if it helped the cysts at all--so far nothing but it's only been a month.

Poor guy has had TPLO on his back leg and needs the other one done soon as well as the brachycephalic surgery. so high maintenance! But I wouldn't trade for anything!

Do you have any particular brand of wipes for the folds/yeast management that work well? We have the malacetic wipes from the vet but they smell sour and yucky :(

Here is Meatball with his new Christmas Bowtie...

IMG_5349.JPG

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
thanks everybody! we are so excited to be here. I will try the epsom salts for sure. we also have an instagram page for this goofball if anyone wants to follow, it's @mynameismeatball :excited:

he is on a hypoallergenic dry and wet combo (wet mainly for meds) - i believe it's Purina & is mainly duck and potato? we figured we'd try it to see if it helped the cysts at all--so far nothing but it's only been a month.

Poor guy has had TPLO on his back leg and needs the other one done soon as well as the brachycephalic surgery. so high maintenance! But I wouldn't trade for anything!

Do you have any particular brand of wipes for the folds/yeast management that work well? We have the malacetic wipes from the vet but they smell sour and yucky :(

View attachment 94461

There are quite a few of EBN members whose bullies have had that surgery including my Jewel last year. See http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/39676-kids-surgery.html

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,

View attachment 94461

Please check out the Food guide here , I am sorry to be blunt but run away from anything Purina for any dog just My opinion terrible stuff key word "stuff"
Living in Toronto you can find any of the top 3 in the food guide list easy and so much better in the long run for MeatBall

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.