dexter64735

Dec 17, 2015
Missouri, USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I I'm Tiffany from Missouri and I have a Bully named Dexter, he is 7 years old now. Dexter has had some problems. He's had 2 surgeries for bladder stones, and now severe allergies. I've started cooking for him and he seems to be doing great on that however woke up this morning to those darn stinky red ears :(. Gotta get that under control now.

One thing that is a little weird with him and i haven't read in the forums is he prefers to not really eat during the day, however at night that's all he wants to do. He will literally keep me up till 3am going potty and eating. He's nocturnal. He's been this way for the last 4 to 5 years. I have no idea why. He's sleeping now like a log since i'm awake lol. IMG_4158.jpg

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
:welcome4: to EBN Tiffany and Dexter. You can peruse the site and may find some information regarding a variety of issues. Also posting in the forum you will surely get a response. Again welcome. Have a great day!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Welcome to EBN, it's great to have you here! I've never experienced the problems Dexter has had, but I'm sure someone here has. It is weird that he only wants to eat at night. Mine would eat 24 hours a day if they could! :ohmy:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN ..... that is interesting how he is awake all night --- wonder if her has that sun-downer (I think it is called) syndrome [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] ??

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4:to EBN! I can certainly understand your boy's habits!
Yes [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] People with types of dementia/alzheimer's have what is called Sundowner syndrome.They get their days and nights turned around.
I myself have (which I found out is a sleep disorder) I am not hungry most of the day,because I get up during the night to eat! Sometimes I remember it,sometimes I don't. My son does the same thing. It is very fattening!ha!ha! I imagine that dogs can have the same disorder. Have you ever tried not feeding him at night- and see who lasts the longest? If someone was here to stopme,I would be better off! But if you have done this for so many years,he has you well trained,at this point. Perhaps if you hadn't given in, in the beginning,it would have been different. But who can resist a longing look from a bulldog? Didn't [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] have a special diet to combat yeast?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online